Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Default/saved-telemetry-pings Post 302971965 by 1in10 on Wednesday 27th of April 2016 02:48:52 PM
Old 04-27-2016
following the link, I will disable it for good, nontheless I don' t need it and updates of any kind did not work fine always. Thanks a lot for the hint and the link!!!!!!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo file not saved

Hi all, I have edited my sudoers file. I am using visudo command I have added the following lines and saved the file. I am saving the lines as :wq But I am very amazed to see that these lines are not written in the sudoers file. I have retried the above process many times, when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can STDERR be saved to a variable

Guys i'm trying to save STDERR to a variable for a portion of my ksh script on solaris. I know i can create redirects to files as such: exec 4>/tmp/lava print "This will be saved to /tmp/lava and not screen"; >&4 print "This will be seen on screen" >&2 I want to save the STDOUT of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where alias saved?

step 1 # alias alias cp='cp -i' alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias ll='ls -l --color=tty' alias ls='ls --color=tty' alias mv='mv -i' alias rm='rm -i' alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' step 2 # cat ~/.bashrc # .bashrc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice on automating mass pings and retrieving the summary times from each ping

Hi guys, Bit of a Unix amateur here! :b: As part of some research I'm doing I am looking into performance differences between IPv4 and IPv6, and have a list of IPv6 accessible websites and their respective v4 and v6 addresses. I'm looking to do a ping to each one and record, for each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: churchill
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Not getting Saved

Hi , Script File Is Not Getting Saved This Are The Steps I Am Following For Saving And Executing A Script 1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor ) 2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh) #!bin\kash date 3) !wq :( Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Aliases not getting saved in OK prompt

Hi Guys, After setting below paths: ok nvalias rootdisk /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/disk@0,0:a ok nvalias rootmirror /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/disk@1,0:a ok nvstore to check: ok devalias devailas does show set path but after reboot The alias for disks are not getting saved. I get this error:-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract info from pings.?

Hi guys, new to this forum. I am currently trying to extract the times from pinging a domain and list the top 3 and then also do the opposite i.e. list the bottom 3. so if I had this as a ping result (the bold part is what I want): 64 bytes from 193.120.166.90: icmp_seq=10 ttl=128 time=34.8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoding
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Squares in saved code

can you help i am merging 2 files together and saving to a third file with awk and its working with this code awk 'OFS="";NR==FNR{a=$0;next} {print a,"\n","\b",$0}' file1 file2 > file3the problem is in file3 when its saved i get a small square at the start of every 2nd line (see picture) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
6 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)