Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Decode windows .dat file
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Decode windows .dat file Post 302971947 by Corona688 on Wednesday 27th of April 2016 12:05:29 PM
Old 04-27-2016
Try the file utility if you have it. file filename.dat It may tell you if it recognizes the kind of file.

In all likelihood you will have to ask whoever built this arrangement, what it is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DECODE file field is required in Bash

Dear All, I want to decode the one of the file field. Input file: 9393939393|999|2009-02-20 00:00:01|2||4587|2007-02-28 00:00:01|0 9393939393|2001|2009-02-20 00:00:01|2||4587|2007-02-28 00:00:01|0 9393939393|1500|2009-02-20 00:00:01|2||4587| 2007-02-28 00:00:01|0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to view .dat file?

What is the command that can be used to open or view the .dat file in linux? Unable to read the contents of .dat file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decode nfs file handle in HP-UX?

Hi Experts, Any idea how to decode file handle in HP-UX? I am getting the following error continously in my HP-UX 11.31 box :mad: Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-bb Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-abcadm Apr 26 07:15:01 host62 vmunix: NFS write error on host peq9vs:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinable
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ID incorrect field values in dat file and output to new file

Hi All I have a .dat file, the values are seperated by ". I wish to identify all field values in field 14 that are not '01-APR-2013' band then copy those records to a new file. Can anyone suggest the UNIX command required. Thanks in advance Andy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aurum1313
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FASTEN count line of dat file and compare with the CTRL file

Hi All, I thinking on how to accelerate the speed on calculate the dat file against the number of records CTRL file. There are about 300 to 400 folder directories that contains both DAT and CTL files. DAT contain all the flat files records CTL is the reference check file for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat?

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmcginni777
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decode a file

hi i have this file : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <OnDemand xmlns="http://xsd.telecomitalia.it/Schema/crmws.entity.OnDemand" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://xsd.telecomitalia.it/Schema/crmws.entity.OnDemand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
ILINK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ILINK(1)

NAME
ilink - GEMINI optimization procedure to find a locally optimal value of the theta vector of recombination fractions SYNOPSIS
ilink [options] ipedfile.dat pedfile.dat DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ilink command. In fact this is a very raw intend to provide a manpage because the Debian GNU/Linux distribution requires each program to have a manpage. Any enhancement would be greatly apreciated. ilink is part of the fastlink software package. ILINK uses the GEMINI optimization procedure to find a locally optimal value of the theta vector of recombination fractions. If you use the default scripts produced by lcp, your initial guess for theta is .1 in every dimension. GEMINI evaluates each theta by its likelihood, seeking to find theta vectors that have a higher pedigree likelihood. The GEMINI procedure has multiple iterations. Each iteration corresponds to one line of output. Each iteration includes multiple likelihood function evaluations. Each iteration has two phases. In Phase I GEMINI seeks to improve the current best theta. In Phase II, GEMINI esti- mates the gradient of the likelihood with respect to the current best theta vector. In the first iteration, Phase I only evaluates the likelihood at the initial candidate theta. When ILINK prints out a line such as: maxcensor can be reduced to -32767, it has completed the first likelihood function evaluation. On long runs, this fact can be used to estimate running time. A reasonable rough estimate for the number of function evaluations is 10*(number of dimensions of theta vector). The number of dimensions of the theta vector is one fewer than the number of loci in most cases. If male- theta and femaletheta are allowed to differ (sexdif is set to 1), then the number of dimensions doubles to 2 * (number of loci - 1). Esti- mating other parameters (with fitmodel set to true) can also increase the number of dimensions. To learn more about ilink it might be useful to read the file /usr/share/doc/fastlink/README.ILINK if you have a Debian GNU/Linux system. OPTIONS
There might be options but I did not found any information about them. Please foreward any information about them to <tille@debian.org> SEE ALSO
linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1), unknown(1). Word-Wide-Web: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html AUTHOR
: Alejandro Schaeffer <schaffer@helix.nih.gov> and others This manual page was written by Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). April 15, 2003 ILINK(1)