Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn shell - lookup table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell - lookup table Post 302971872 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 26th of April 2016 01:10:59 PM
Old 04-26-2016
The associative array method makes sense if you have multiple lookups in the script.
It works with bash-4 and ksh93.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lookup between 2 files ( korn shell )

Hi All., i have a problem. I hope i can get some help on this issue here; i have 2 txt files say file1 and file 2 file1 has; WLMT:XXXXXXXX:cp DOLR:YYYYYYY:ascii,unblock WLG:TTTTTTT:dd:73:ascii,unblock MAR:SSSSSS:dd:152:ascii,unblock GGG:QQQQQQQQQQ:112:ascii,unblock EIE:CCCCCCCC:cp... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup table in perl??

hi, i am very much new in perl and have this very basic question in the same:( the requirement is as below: i have an input file (txt file) in which i have fields invoice number and customer number. Now i have to take input this combination of invoice n customer number and check in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with using a lookup table

Using AIX 5.2, Bourne and Korn Shell. I have two flat text files. One is a main file and one is a lookup table that contains a number of letter codes and membership numbers as follows: 316707965EGM01 315672908ANM92 Whenever one of these records from the lookup appears in the main file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, replace string in file1 with string from (lookup table) file2?

Hello: I have another question. Please consider the following two sample, tab-delimited files: File_1: Abf1 YKL112w Abf1 YAL054c Abf1 YGL234w Ace2 YKL150w Ace2 YNL328c Cup9 YDR441c Cup9 YDR442w Cup9 YEL040w ... File 2: ... ABF1 YKL112W ACE2 YLR131C (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
9 Replies

6. Programming

64-bit CRC Transition To Bytewise Lookup-Table

Good Evening, I started working on the 17x17 4-colouring challenge, and I ran into a bit of an I/O snag. It was an enormous headache to detect the differences in very similar 289-char strings. Eventually, it made more sense to associate a CRC-Digest with each colouring. After learning... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeavyJ
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable from lookup table

I have a file with the following format --TABLEA_START-- field1=data1;field2=data2;field3=data3 --TABLEA_END-- --TABLEB_START-- field1=data1;field2=data2;field3=data3 --TABLEB_END-- --TABLEA_START-- field1=data1;field2=data2;field3=data3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milo7
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string replacement using a lookup table

Dear all thanks for helping in advance.. Know this should be fairly simple but I failed in searching for an answer. I have a file (replacement table) containing two columns, e.g.: ACICJ ACIDIPHILIUM ACIF2 ACIDITHIOBACILLUS ACIF5 ACIDITHIOBACILLUS ACIC5 ACIDOBACTERIUM ACIC1 ACIDOTHERMUS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script: User Lookup

Hi everyone, Let me start by stating this question is for homework help (not "help, my boss needs this ASAP") I have spent the last few days re-visiting this script, and cannot figure out where I am going wrong (something simple I'm sure). I am to build a script that searches for a user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjc032681
1 Replies
GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE_BY_NAME(3)						 1					     GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE_BY_NAME(3)

geoip_country_code_by_name - Get the two letter country code

SYNOPSIS
string geoip_country_code_by_name (string $hostname) DESCRIPTION
The geoip_country_code_by_name(3) function will return the two letter country code corresponding to a hostname or an IP address. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The hostname or IP address whose location is to be looked-up. RETURN VALUES
Returns the two letter ISO country code on success, or FALSE if the address cannot be found in the database. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A geoip_country_code_by_name(3) example This will print where the host example.com is located. <?php $country = geoip_country_code_by_name('www.example.com'); if ($country) { echo 'This host is located in: ' . $country; } ?> The above example will output: This host is located in: US NOTES
Caution Please see http://www.maxmind.com/en/iso3166 for a complete list of possible return values, including special codes. SEE ALSO
geoip_country_code3_by_name(3), geoip_country_name_by_name(3). PHP Documentation Group GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE_BY_NAME(3)