Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL 7.1 autofs permissions do not match NFS servers Post 302971868 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 26th of April 2016 12:28:17 PM
Old 04-26-2016
Unless you want to use NFSv4, you can enforce NFSv3 on the NFS server
via https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01...sadmin-68.html,
or you request NFSv3 on the NFS client, e.g. via map option in auto.master:
Code:
/mymapmount auto.mymap -vers=3,retry=1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nfs permissions

Hi all can someone tell me how to set the follwoing permissions in the /etc/exports file to share a directory. I need 2 users eg a+b to be able to read and write to the directory but everyone else to just read. we have NIS in our environment and I though I could use netgroups do do this. My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

2. Solaris

disabling nfs and autofs in solaris 9

Hi, I want to permanently disable nfs and autofs in solaris 9, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

autofs vs nfs

I've a sun server, 3 sun workstations and plan to do backup on certain directory in each workstations monthly. As it's only require to mount as NFS on those workstations once a month. So I plan to configure such requirement using autofs. What are the considerations need to take care in such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

cfengine / puppet for rhel servers

Hello all, I am planning to deploy a configuration / auditing software package for about 100 new nodes that we are planning to install. I am hearing many good things in regards to cfengine and puppet. Can someone shed some light in regards to these solutions? Thanks, jaysunn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 5.6 Slow rsync to NFS array

Hi All, I have RHEL 5.6 with a 70GB local directory of Web content. Images, PHP scripts etc. I need to copy all this content to an NFS array thats mounted on the RHEL server. I did a baseline cp to copy the content one week ago. Since my baseline copy the local directory has grown by 8GB.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

cannot ssh (use NFS) on RHEL box, but can mount external & ssh out of RHEL box

Ok, Im trying to get NFS working on my RHEL 5 box, apparently i can use the box as a client, but not as a server. If it helps i cant ssh into the box (server), but as a client ssh works fine. Ive configured server: /etc/hosts.allow: all : all all :all@all setup my /etc/exports file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drs.grid
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS, AD, AutoFS

Here's my challenge. I have a RedHat7 machine running a statistical software package. It needs to NFS-mount directories from a Windows 2008R2 machine. The RH7 machine uses MSAD (Microsoft Active Directory) to handle authentication of people connecting via SSH. AD is on a separate 2008R2 machine.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
5 Replies

10. Solaris

RHEL NFS share on Solaris 11.3 vers=4

NFS server: RHEL:6 /nfsdb 192.168.8.10/28(rw,sync,no_root_squash) 192.168.7.10/28(rw,sync,no_root_squash) Client: Solaris 11.3 vfstab entry : 192.168.8.9:/nfsdbarch - /archive_data nfs - yes rw,soft,vers=4 # ls -ld /archive_data drwxr-xr-x 4 root root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies