Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn shell - lookup table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell - lookup table Post 302971867 by RudiC on Tuesday 26th of April 2016 12:19:19 PM
Old 04-26-2016
Instead of reading your file every single time you need to access the data, you could populate an associative array with your data
Code:
typeset -A CNAME CREG CCOD2
{ read
  while IFS='|' read -r f1 f2 f3 f4
    do  CNAME[$f3]=$f1
        CREG[$f3]=$f2
        CCOD2[$f3]=$f4
    done
} < "$input"

and then use those in a function as proposed before, or immediately whenever needed, like
Code:
for i in ${!CNAME[@]}; do echo $i: ${CNAME["$i"]}, ${CREG["$i"]}, ${CCOD2["$i"]}; done
ABW: Aruba, AMS, AW
AIA: Anguilla, AMS, AI
ANT: Netherlands Antilles, AMS, AN

(I can't test this in ksh but I'm quite confident it will work, eventually with minor adaptions)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lookup between 2 files ( korn shell )

Hi All., i have a problem. I hope i can get some help on this issue here; i have 2 txt files say file1 and file 2 file1 has; WLMT:XXXXXXXX:cp DOLR:YYYYYYY:ascii,unblock WLG:TTTTTTT:dd:73:ascii,unblock MAR:SSSSSS:dd:152:ascii,unblock GGG:QQQQQQQQQQ:112:ascii,unblock EIE:CCCCCCCC:cp... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup table in perl??

hi, i am very much new in perl and have this very basic question in the same:( the requirement is as below: i have an input file (txt file) in which i have fields invoice number and customer number. Now i have to take input this combination of invoice n customer number and check in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with using a lookup table

Using AIX 5.2, Bourne and Korn Shell. I have two flat text files. One is a main file and one is a lookup table that contains a number of letter codes and membership numbers as follows: 316707965EGM01 315672908ANM92 Whenever one of these records from the lookup appears in the main file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, replace string in file1 with string from (lookup table) file2?

Hello: I have another question. Please consider the following two sample, tab-delimited files: File_1: Abf1 YKL112w Abf1 YAL054c Abf1 YGL234w Ace2 YKL150w Ace2 YNL328c Cup9 YDR441c Cup9 YDR442w Cup9 YEL040w ... File 2: ... ABF1 YKL112W ACE2 YLR131C (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
9 Replies

6. Programming

64-bit CRC Transition To Bytewise Lookup-Table

Good Evening, I started working on the 17x17 4-colouring challenge, and I ran into a bit of an I/O snag. It was an enormous headache to detect the differences in very similar 289-char strings. Eventually, it made more sense to associate a CRC-Digest with each colouring. After learning... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeavyJ
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable from lookup table

I have a file with the following format --TABLEA_START-- field1=data1;field2=data2;field3=data3 --TABLEA_END-- --TABLEB_START-- field1=data1;field2=data2;field3=data3 --TABLEB_END-- --TABLEA_START-- field1=data1;field2=data2;field3=data3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milo7
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string replacement using a lookup table

Dear all thanks for helping in advance.. Know this should be fairly simple but I failed in searching for an answer. I have a file (replacement table) containing two columns, e.g.: ACICJ ACIDIPHILIUM ACIF2 ACIDITHIOBACILLUS ACIF5 ACIDITHIOBACILLUS ACIC5 ACIDOBACTERIUM ACIC1 ACIDOTHERMUS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script: User Lookup

Hi everyone, Let me start by stating this question is for homework help (not "help, my boss needs this ASAP") I have spent the last few days re-visiting this script, and cannot figure out where I am going wrong (something simple I'm sure). I am to build a script that searches for a user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjc032681
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)