Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris x86 11.3 'live' DVD, network issue Post 302971853 by gull04 on Tuesday 26th of April 2016 10:15:08 AM
Old 04-26-2016
Hi Hicksd8,

Just quick and dirty, I'd maybe start with;

Code:
ipadm create-addr -T dhcp "dhcp-addr"

Or just try to renew the lease with;

Code:
ipadm refresh-addr -i "dhcp-addr"

You could also try running sysconfig configure but you'll have to work your way through it as I don't really have very much exposure to it.

Regards

Gull04
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem mounting DVD on Solaris 10 (x86)

I have just installed Solaris 10. I have read various threads on how to mount CDs put can't get mine going. My Sony DVD RW-U14A is attached to IDE2 as the master. If I type iostat -En I get c1t0d0 soft errors 0 hard errors 0 transport errors 0 Vendor Sony Product DVD RW-U14A Size 0Gb etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Getting a solaris x86 box on my network.

How would i get my solaris 10 box to run on my network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: possuman72
1 Replies

3. Solaris

sol10 on x86 -> network issue

i've decided to try out an x86 system with sol10. however, i can't get my 3com 3C905TX-B to work. i checked the hcl and it says it runs natively. anyone having similar issues or seen a fix for this? i'll be happy to supply more info. Note: i do not see this in /etc/path_to_inst. so it looks like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 through an external DVD drive through the USB port...

Is there a way to install Solaris 10 x86 with an external DVD drive that connects through the USB port? I would think I would run GRUB off of a floppy disk and somehow use that to make it look to the USB port to boot from but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Fedora 16 (i686) DVD boot issue in x86 (32bit)

Hi, I'm using fedora for 5 years. recently i decided to install new version (16). after i reboot the computer and want to boot from dvd nothing happen's and system boot's from hard disk (i have setup the bios to directly boot from dvd-rom and my dvd-rom is ok). i have downloaded (again) fc16 dvd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ba$h
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Boot Solaris 10 U1 for x86 from DVD

Is it possible to boot an existing Solaris 10 update 1 from boot dvd that I run on p3(1 ghz -512 mb ram). I have got a dual boot sys - the other os is win xp that I need to reinstall but that removes the mbr so, is there any way to recover mbr after the installation of xp? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies
IO::Async::Socket(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Socket(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Socket" - event callbacks and send buffering for a socket filehandle SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Socket; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; $loop->connect( host => "some.host.here", service => "echo", socktype => 'dgram', on_connected => sub { my ( $sock ) = @_; my $socket = IO::Async::Socket->new( handle => $sock, on_recv => sub { my ( $self, $dgram, $addr ) = @_; print "Received reply: $dgram ", $loop->stop; }, on_recv_error => sub { my ( $self, $errno ) = @_; die "Cannot recv - $errno "; }, ); $loop->add( $socket ); $socket->send( "A TEST DATAGRAM" ); }, on_resolve_error => sub { die "Cannot resolve - $_[0] "; }, on_connect_error => sub { die "Cannot connect "; }, ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Handle contains a socket filehandle. It provides a queue of outgoing data. It invokes the "on_recv" handler when new data is received from the filehandle. Data may be sent to the filehandle by calling the "send" method. It is primarily intended for "SOCK_data" or "SOCK_RAW" sockets; for "SOCK_STREAM" sockets an instance of IO::Async::Stream is probably more appropriate. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_recv $data, $addr Invoke on receipt of a packet, datagram, or stream segment. The "on_recv" handler is invoked once for each packet, datagram, or stream segment that is received. It is passed the data itself, and the sender's address. on_recv_error $errno Optional. Invoked when the "recv" method on the receiving handle fails. on_send_error $errno Optional. Invoked when the "send" method on the sending handle fails. The "on_recv_error" and "on_send_error" handlers are passed the value of $! at the time the error occured. (The $! variable itself, by its nature, may have changed from the original error by the time this handler runs so it should always use the value passed in). If an error occurs when the corresponding error callback is not supplied, and there is not a subclass method for it, then the "close" method is called instead. on_outgoing_empty Optional. Invoked when the sending data buffer becomes empty. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": read_handle => IO The IO handle to receive from. Must implement "fileno" and "recv" methods. write_handle => IO The IO handle to send to. Must implement "fileno" and "send" methods. handle => IO Shortcut to specifying the same IO handle for both of the above. on_recv => CODE on_recv_error => CODE on_outgoing_empty => CODE on_send_error => CODE autoflush => BOOL Optional. If true, the "send" method will atempt to send data to the operating system immediately, without waiting for the loop to indicate the filehandle is write-ready. recv_len => INT Optional. Sets the buffer size for "recv" calls. Defaults to 64 KiB. recv_all => BOOL Optional. If true, repeatedly call "recv" when the receiving handle first becomes read-ready. By default this is turned off, meaning at most one fixed-size buffer is received. If there is still more data in the kernel's buffer, the handle will stil be readable, and will be received from again. This behaviour allows multiple streams and sockets to be multiplexed simultaneously, meaning that a large bulk transfer on one cannot starve other filehandles of processing time. Turning this option on may improve bulk data transfer rate, at the risk of delaying or stalling processing on other filehandles. send_all => INT Optional. Analogous to the "recv_all" option, but for sending. When "autoflush" is enabled, this option only affects deferred sending if the initial attempt failed. The condition requiring an "on_recv" handler is checked at the time the object is added to a Loop; it is allowed to create a "IO::Async::Socket" object with a read handle but without a "on_recv" handler, provided that one is later given using "configure" before the stream is added to its containing Loop, either directly or by being a child of another Notifier already in a Loop, or added to one. METHODS
$socket->send( $data, $flags, $addr ) This method adds a segment of data to be sent, or sends it immediately, according to the "autoflush" parameter. $flags and $addr are optional. If the "autoflush" option is set, this method will try immediately to send the data to the underlying filehandle, optionally using the given flags and destination address. If this completes successfully then it will have been sent by the time this method returns. If it fails to send, then the data is queued as if "autoflush" were not set, and will be flushed as normal. SEE ALSO
o IO::Handle - Supply object methods for I/O handles AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Socket(3pm)