Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Gmail very slow to receive Sendmail/PHP Mail Post 302971849 by Phobos D'thorga on Tuesday 26th of April 2016 09:33:33 AM
Old 04-26-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
You have sendmail configured to queue mail outgoing and send the mail every 15 minutes. Check how you start sendmail services - there are two, one for inbound one for outbound.

BTW sendmail uses SMTP, too.
Okay...

Code:
define(`confCONNECTION_RATE_WINDOW_SIZE',`10m')dnl

I edit that line? Thank you, by the way Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP piping mail to sendmail quickly

In order to prevent any php processes on our web server from waiting for sendmail hangups (name resolution issues, etc), we wrap sendmail in a simple shell script and push it to the background and disown the process so that any php script on our site can continue on processing code and not have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fearlessmind
0 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Did not receive activation mail

Hi Administrators, I've registered myself yesterday and have been waiting for my account to be activated. I've followed the instructions in the 'See this if you have an account but cannot post ' thread to request for an activation mail to be sent to my other email address, but still did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pl_cyber
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Steps to configure sendmail to receive e-mails

Hi Unix Gurus, Please help me out here. Please tell me the steps to conigure sendmail to receive emails (same way we configure outlook client in windows)? Thanks in advance. -Dejavu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DejaVu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Receive e-mail on unix box

Hi, I am not sure if it is a good question or not. Is there a unix utility which can be configured with exchange server and then receive e-mails? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DejaVu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to receive mail using mail command

Hi all, I have written a script which supposed send a mail. For testing I am just sending mails to my ID. script I have written to send mail is- #!/usr/bin/ksh MAIL_FILE="$HOME/MAIL_FILE" MAILOUT_LIST="milindb@example.com" mail -s "Subject" $MAILOUT_LIST < $MAIL_FILE if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail attachment problem on Gmail

Hi. I am a user on HP-UX , OS Version 11.23 with the Itanium architecture. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
4 Replies

8. Proxy Server

How to send mail (sendmail) for php mail()?

PHP mail() function doesn't work. Nor does sendmail: loaded system configuration file /etc/msmtprc ignoring user configuration file /home/xi/.msmtprc: No such file or directory falling back to default account using account default from /etc/msmtprc host = xsi port = 25 proxy host = (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to send mail on my company's account but gmail in Linux 6.8

On Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8. I am to get the email from my LINUX box on gmail account but it fails on company domain. getting status=sent for gmail. BUT getting below error for company domain: status=bounced #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <root@xxxx.com> does not exist... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
16 Replies
gmail-notify(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   gmail-notify(1)

NAME
gmail-notify - A Gmail Notifier SYNOPSIS
gmail-notify DESCRIPTION
gmail-notify Gmail Notifier is a Linux alternative for the notifier program released by Google, it is written in Python and provides an attractive and simple way to check for new mail messages. Open the notifier.conf file in your favourite text editor and edit the configuration options to match your system. Below is an explanation of each option: (See notifier.conf.sample located in the /usr/share/doc/gmail-notify directory for a helpful example) gmailusername - fairly self explanatory, must be without the @gmail.com at the end gmailpassword - obvious browserpath - this is the full path to the browser that you want Gmail Notifier to open when you click the popup to goto your Gmail inbox voffset - this is the amount (in pixels) the popup will be displaced from the bottom of the screen, it will almost definitely need changing to suit your system, ideally, you want it to look like it came out of the bar along the bottom of the screen the best way to adjust it is to run it initially with the default value and then add/remove from it then test again. Higher values result in the popup appearing higher up the screen. hoffset - same as above only this is the amount the popup will be displaced from the side of the screen. Higher values will displace it more to the left of the screen. checkinterval - this is how often Gmail Notifier will check for new mail (in ms), do NOT set it lower than 20000 (20 seconds), or the libg- mail library will not keep up, causing many strange side effects. If you need to check your mail more than once every 20 seconds, then chances are your famous and don't have time to read your mail anyway. animationdelay - this is the amount of time (in ms) that Gmail Notifier will wait before moving the popup up one step, when the popup is popping up, to high values will cause the animation to be jerky, to low values will cause tearing at the bottom of the popup. 15ms seems about right. Only small adjustments are necessary, best thing is to leave it alone. popuptimespan - this is the amount of time before the popup will disappear again after popping up you can set this to whatever you want Web Page http://gmail-notify.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
John Winter <wintersoft@gmail.com> May 31, 2006 gmail-notify(1)