Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell file if condition setting start and end dates Post 302971709 by cplusplus1 on Sunday 24th of April 2016 07:02:40 PM
Old 04-24-2016
Shell file if condition setting start and end dates

I have shell file that has the following logic, i am new to shell programming.
What does process month $1 do?

I am assuming that the below dates go back three months from sysdate month. is it right :

Code:
curr_month=`date +%Y%m`
Beg_o_time=`date -d "2012/03/01" +%Y%m`
Process_months=$1
Parallel_groups=$2
PROCESS_DIR=/usr/local/bin/TPThadoop

###  Resolve stop time should be one month past
if [ -z $Process_months ]
then
process_end=$Beg_o_time
else
process_end=`date -d "-$Process_months months" +%Y%m`
fi

Thanks a lot for the helpful info.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 04-24-2016 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove XML parent start and end tags in same file

Hi All, Requirement: remove start and end tag of parent element <DummyLevel> <level1> </level1> <level2> </level2> <level3> </level3> <level4> </level4> <level5> </level5> <level6> </level7> </DummyLevel> I have to delete the first <dummylevel> and last </DummyLevel> tags from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstage2006
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture all dates between start date and End date.

Hi All, I enter Start date and end date as parameters. I need to capture dates between start date and end date. Please let me know if you have any idea the same. Thanks in advance. Nagaraja Akkivalli. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture dates between start date and end date Using perl.

Hi All, Want to get all dates and Julian week number for that date between the start date and end date. How can I achive this using perl? (To achive above functionality, I was connecting to the database from DB server. Need to execute the same script in application server, since databse... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Quarter Start and End Dates

Dear Members, Depending on the current date i should find out the start and end dates of the quarter. ex: Today date is 14-Nov-2011 then Quarter start date should be Oct 1 2011 and Quarter End date should be Dec 31 2011. How can i do this? Thanks Sandeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file by start and end row.

I have a file which looks something as following, I would like to split to several files, The start and end of each file is 'FILE' and end with 'ASCII... ' . At the same time for each file in the first column add 100 and also second column add 100 the rest of the column as it is , see example of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk2000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a String between start and end of a block in a file

Hi, I have a scenario where I want to display the output based on the pattern search between the start and end of a block in a file, we can have multiple start and end blocks in a file. Example give below, we need to search between the start block abc and end block def in a file, after that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
ARBITRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ARBITRON(8)

NAME
arbitron - arbitron mailboxes SYNOPSIS
arbitron [ -C config-file ] [ -o ] [ -u ] [ -l ] [ -p months ] [ -d days | -D mmddyyyy[:mmddyyyy] ] mailbox... DESCRIPTION
Arbitron collects and reports readership statistics for mailboxes on the server. It also optionally prunes the mailboxes of Seen state for dormant users. Arbitron produces one line of output per mailbox, reporting the mailbox name followed by a space, followed by the number of readers (and if -u is specified, followed by a colon and a comma-separated list of the readers userids), and if -o is not specified, another space and the number of subscribers (and if -u is specified, followed by a colon and a comma-separated list of the subscribers userids). IMPORTANT: This format is subject to change in future versions. Each "reader" is a distinct authentication identity which has "s" rights to the mailbox and which has SELECTed the mailbox within either the past days days or the specified date range. Users are not counted as reading their own personal mailboxes. Personal mailboxes are not reported unless there is at least one reader other than the mailboxes owner. Arbitron reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -o "old way" -- do not report subscribers. -u Report userids in addition to the count(s). -l Enable long reporting (comma delimited table consisting of mbox, userid, r/s, start time, end time). -d days Count as a reader an authentication identity which has SELECTed the mailbox within days days. Default is 30. -D mmddyyyy[:mmddyyyy] Count as a reader an authentication identity which has SELECTed the mailbox within the given date range. The start date and optional end date are specified as 2-digit month of the year, 2-digit day of the month, and 4-digit year. If the end date is not specified, then the current system time is used as the end time. -p months Prune Seen state for users who have not SELECTed the mailbox within months months. Default is infinity. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus ARBITRON(8)