Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Solaris inside zone using automated installer Post 302971676 by Don Cragun on Saturday 23rd of April 2016 05:52:39 PM
Old 04-23-2016
I'm glad to hear that you found a solution to your problem.

You don't need a moderator to lock a thread for you (although I have marked this thread as solved for you). You can (and are encouraged to) mark the thread as SOLVED when you have found a solution to your problem. To do so, hit the "Edit Tags" string at the top right corner of the Tags section at the top of any page in your thread, type in the tag "solved", and then hit return twice or hit the "Save Changes" button.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting number of disks inside a solaris zone

Friends, I am really stuck on this one. In solaris i can get the number of disks using this command --> pfexec format | egrep -v "Searching|AVAILABLE|Specify|^$|@" | wc -l But when applying this command inside a solaris zone ,the format command doesnt work. any ideas on how i can go about it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)				     Library Functions Manual					  pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_rdlock - Acquires a read-write lock for read access. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_rwlock_rdlock( pthread_rwlock_t *rwlock); PARAMETERS
Address of the read-write lock object to acquire for read access. DESCRIPTION
This routine acquires a read-write lock for read access. If no thread already holds the lock for write access and there are no writers waiting to acquire the lock, the lock for read access is granted to the calling thread and this routine returns. If a thread already holds the lock for read access, the lock is granted and this routine returns. A thread can hold multiple, concurrent locks for read access on the same read-write lock. In a given thread, for each call to this routine that successfully acquires the same read-write lock for read access, a corresponding call to pthread_rwlock_unlock must be issued. If some thread already holds the lock for write access, the calling thread will not acquire the read lock. If the read lock is not acquired, the calling thread blocks until it can acquire the lock for read access. Results are undefined if the calling thread has already acquired a lock for write access on rwlock when this routine is called. If the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock is not initialized, the results of calling this routine are undefined. If a thread is interrupted (via a Tru64 UNIX signal or an OpenVMS AST) while waiting for a read-write lock for read access, upon return from the interrupt routine the thread resumes waiting for the lock as if it had not been interrupted. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The lock for read access could not be acquired because the maximum number of read lock acquisitions for rwlock has been exceeded. The current thread already owns the read-write lock for writing. The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an ini- tialized read-write lock object. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_rwlock_init(3), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)