Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Solaris inside zone using automated installer Post 302971669 by solaris_user on Saturday 23rd of April 2016 11:49:30 AM
Old 04-23-2016
Installation with PXE is impossible. Solution is to generate profile form global zone and then customize it.

Thread can be locked Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting number of disks inside a solaris zone

Friends, I am really stuck on this one. In solaris i can get the number of disks using this command --> pfexec format | egrep -v "Searching|AVAILABLE|Specify|^$|@" | wc -l But when applying this command inside a solaris zone ,the format command doesnt work. any ideas on how i can go about it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
NBP_NAME(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       NBP_NAME(3)

NAME
nbp_name - NBP name parsing SYNOPSIS
nbp_name( name, obj, type, zone ) char *name, **obj, **type, **zone; DESCRIPTION
nbp_name() parses user supplied names into their component object, type, and zone. obj, type, and zone should be passed by reference, and should point to the caller's default values. nbp_name() will change the pointers to the parsed-out values. name is of the form object:type@zone, where each of object, :type, and @zone replace obj, type, and zone, respectively. type must be proceeded by `:', and zone must be preceded by `@'. EXAMPLE
The argument of afpd(8)'s -n option is parsed with nbp_name(). The default value of obj is the first component of the machine's hostname (as returned by gethostbyname(3)). The default value of type is ``AFPServer'', and of zone is ``*'', the default zone. To cause afpd to register itself in some zone other than the default, one would invoke it as afpd -n @some-other-zone obj and type would retain their default values. BUGS
obj, type, and zone return pointers into static area which may be over-written on each call. netatalk 1.3 12 Jan 1994 NBP_NAME(3)