Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk does not find ids with semi-colon in the name Post 302971662 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 23rd of April 2016 09:49:02 AM
Old 04-23-2016
Hi, try this modification to your code:
Code:
awk '
    NR==FNR { 
      lookup[$1]++
      next
    }
    { 
      split($5,F,/;/)
      for(i in F)
        if (F[i] in lookup)
          seen[F[i]]++
    } 
    END {
      print length(seen)" ids found"; 
      for (id in lookup) 
        if (!(id in seen)) 
          print id " is missing"
    }
' list input > count

Code:
4 ids found
PRAF is missing

--
Code:
Note: length(array) is a non-standard extension, so not every awk will support it

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-24-2016 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: Grammar correction
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find Unix ids

Hi How can find the Unix ids for couple of users i am not sure of the command , can anyone help me on this :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash aliases and command chaining with ; (semi-colon)

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this not possible? A bug? alias f='find . >found 2>/dev/null &' f ; sleep 20 ; ls -l -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: star_man
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string

Hi, Is there a way in Korn Shell that I can run multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string, e.g., # vs="echo a; echo b;" # $vs a; echo b; I want to be able to store commands in a variable, then run all of it once and pipe the whole output to another program without using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svhyd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colon in awk script output

I'm using AIX 5.3 and running a awk replace to modify data as follows: echo 1234: 1234 123 123 444 555 666 7777 | awk '/^:/{split($2,N);n=N} {n=$1} {sub(n,n+10000000)}1' 10001234 1234 123 123 444 555 666 7777 dumb question.. how do I get the colon back in, so it outputs 10001234: 1234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ Attempting to modify this function to read from a (;) semi-colon-separated file

After some thought. I am uncomfortable issuing my professors name where, there may be unintended side effects from any negative responses/feedback. Willing to re post if I can omit school / professor publicly, but can message moderator for validation? I am here for knowledge and understanding,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first n element by matching IDs

Hi All I have a problem that I am not able to resolve. Briefly, I have a file like this: ID_1 10 ID_2 15 ID_3 32 ID_4 45 ID_5 66 ID_6 79 ID_7 88This file is numerically ordered for the 2th column. And another file containing a list of IDs(just one in this example) ID_4What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk colon separated items

Hi, I need to filter my data based on items in column 23. Column 1 until column 23 are tab separated. This is how column 23 looks like: PRIMARY=<0/1:504:499,5:.:.:.:0.01:1:15:.> I want to extract lines if items 7 (separated by : ) in column 23 are more than 0.25 . In example above , item... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janshamsani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk unique count of partial match with semi-colon

Trying to get the unique count of the below input, but if the text in beginning of $5 is a partial match to another line in the file then it is not unique. awk awk '!seen++ {n++} END {print n}' input 7 input chr1 159174749 159174770 chr1:159174749-159174770 ACKR1 chr1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines without a trailing semi colon

shell : bash os : RHEL 7.2 I have a file like below 61265388 1-11Y5C-7690 1-11Y4Q-6763 INSERT INTO emp VALUES('oramds:test.xref','CBS_01','MIGWO161265388','61265388','N',SYSDATE); INSERT INTO emp VALUES('oramds:test.xref','COMMON','MIGWO161265388','MIG1COMMON61265388','N',SYSDATE);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)