Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Using avahi to publish IPV6 DNSservers - Security? Post 302971628 by darktux on Friday 22nd of April 2016 04:31:28 PM
Old 04-22-2016
changed to an Layer3 Switch. HP2920. It gives all clients an IPV6 DNS over Router Advertisements. I think this is the better way.

Best Regards

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unable to publish data

Hi All, In my application, we are using Publish/subscribe model implemented in JAVA and when I implemented it on windows to windows os,it is working fine and able to publish the right data and even when I am trying the same between two different OS i.e between Windows and Solaris sparc or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

avahi , change the log location

avahi error message goes to /var/log/messages , how can put avahi to log the error in a file /var/log/avahi-error instead of /var/log/messages (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Publish notification

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Publish notification

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil529
1 Replies
nd6hostd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       nd6hostd(8)

NAME
nd6hostd - Neighbor discovery and autoconfiguration daemon for IPv6 hosts SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nd6hostd [-d] [-D] [-l logfile] [-u] [-n name] OPTIONS
Enables additional debugging information, such as bad packets received, to be logged. The nd6hostd daemon remains under control of the host that started it; therefore, an interrupt from the controlling host stops the nd6hostd process. Same as the -d option, but does not run as a daemon. Specifies a log file into which nd6hostd writes information about its actions. The log contains information about any changes to the routing tables and a history of recent route change messages sent and received that are related to changed routes. Enables dynamic updates to the Domain Name System (DNS) database. Specifies a fully qualified domain name to use for dynamic DNS updates. DESCRIPTION
The nd6hostd daemon receives and processes IPv6 Router Advertisement (RA) packets of the Neighbor Discovery Protocol. This enables a sys- tem to autoconfigure itself without manual intervention. The daemon performs the following functions, based on the contents of IPv6 Router Advertisements it receives: Router discovery - Learns the IPv6 address of default routers and installs default routes in the kernel routing table. On-link prefix discovery - Learns IPv6 on-link prefixes (ranges of IPv6 addresses that are directly reachable on a given link). Stateless Address Configuration - Automatically creates and deletes interface addresses. If the -u option is specified, nd6hostd updates the address information in the DNS automatically, using the name specified with the -n option (or the host name if the the -n option is not specified). Interface attribute configuration - Auto- matically configures datalink attributes such as hop limit, reachable time, retransmit time and link mtu. Signals The following signals have the specified effect when sent to the nd6hostd process using the kill(1) command: Displays internal routing tables. Terminates nd6hostd. Before exiting, nd6hostd removes any system state that was autoconfigured, including default routers, on- link prefixes, IPv6 addresses, and dynamically updated DNS entries. Note Do not use SIGKILL to terminate nd6hostd. RESTRICTIONS
Do not run the nd6hostd and ip6rtrd daemons on the same host, as this may produce unpredictable results. FILES
Specifies the command path Routes through distant and external gateways Contains the network name database SEE ALSO
Commands: route(8). Daemons: ip6rtrd(8). RFC 2461, Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6); Narten, T., Nordmark, E., Simpson W. A., December 1998 RFC 2462, IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration; Thompson, S., Narten, T., December 1998 nd6hostd(8)