Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Using avahi to publish IPV6 DNSservers - Security? Post 302971628 by darktux on Friday 22nd of April 2016 04:31:28 PM
Old 04-22-2016
changed to an Layer3 Switch. HP2920. It gives all clients an IPV6 DNS over Router Advertisements. I think this is the better way.

Best Regards

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unable to publish data

Hi All, In my application, we are using Publish/subscribe model implemented in JAVA and when I implemented it on windows to windows os,it is working fine and able to publish the right data and even when I am trying the same between two different OS i.e between Windows and Solaris sparc or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

avahi , change the log location

avahi error message goes to /var/log/messages , how can put avahi to log the error in a file /var/log/avahi-error instead of /var/log/messages (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Publish notification

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Publish notification

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil529
1 Replies
Info::Layer3::Aruba(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Info::Layer3::Aruba(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Aruba - SNMP Interface to Aruba wireless switches AUTHOR
Eric Miller SYNOPSIS
my $aruba = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $aruba->class(); print " Using device sub class : $class "; DESCRIPTION
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Aruba is a subclass of SNMP::Info that provides an interface to Aruba wireless switches. The Aruba platform utilizes intelligent wireless switches which control thin access points. The thin access points themselves are unable to be polled for end station information. This class emulates bridge functionality for the wireless switch. This enables end station MAC addresses collection and correlation to the thin access point the end station is using for communication. For speed or debugging purposes you can call the subclass directly, but not after determining a more specific class using the method above. my $aruba = new SNMP::Info::Layer3::Aruba(...); Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs WLSX-SWITCH-MIB WLSR-AP-MIB Inherited MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $aruba->model() Returns model type. Cross references $aruba->id() with product IDs in the Aruba MIB. $aruba->vendor() Returns 'aruba' $aruba->os() Returns 'airos' $aruba->os_ver() Returns the software version extracted from "sysDescr" Overrides $aruba->layers() Returns 00000011. Class emulates Layer 2 functionality for Thin APs through proprietary MIBs. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $aruba->i_index() Returns reference to map of IIDs to Interface index. Extends "ifIndex" to support thin APs as device interfaces. $aruba->interfaces() Returns reference to map of IIDs to ports. Thin APs are implemented as device interfaces. The thin AP BSSID is used as the port identifier. $aruba->i_name() Interface name. Returns ("ifName") for Ethernet interfaces and ("wlanAPFQLN" or "apLocation") for thin AP interfaces. $aruba->i_mac() Interface MAC address. Returns interface MAC address for Ethernet interfaces and BSSID for thin AP interfaces. $aruba->bp_index() Simulates bridge MIB by returning reference to a hash containing the index for both the keys and values. $aruba->fw_port() ("staAccessPointBSSID") as extracted from the IID. $aruba->fw_mac() ("staPhyAddress") as extracted from the IID. $aruba->i_ssidlist() Returns reference to hash. SSID's recognized by the radio interface. ("apESSID") $aruba->i_ssidbcast() Returns reference to hash. Indicates whether the SSID is broadcast, true or false. ("wlsrHideSSID") $aruba->i_80211channel() Returns reference to hash. Current operating frequency channel of the radio interface. ("apCurrentChannel") $aruba->aruba_ap_fqln() Returns aruba_perap_fqln indexed by BSSID instead of by AP. Aruba Switch AP Table ("wlsxSwitchAccessPointTable") $aruba->aruba_ap_name() ("apLocation") $aruba->aruba_ap_ip() ("apIpAddress") $aruba->aruba_ap_essid() ("apESSID") $aruba->aruba_ap_ssidbcast() ("wlsrHideSSID") Aruba AP Table ("wlsxWlanAPTable") $aruba->aruba_perap_fqln() ("wlanAPFQLN") Aruba Switch Station Management Table ("wlsxSwitchStationMgmtTable") $aruba->fw_user() ("staUserName") Aruba Wireless AP Configuration Table ("wlsrConfigTable") $aruba->aruba_ap_channel() ("apCurrentChannel") Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Aruba(3pm)