Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Validate csv file
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Validate csv file Post 302971503 by Don Cragun on Thursday 21st of April 2016 03:36:39 AM
Old 04-21-2016
You said you wanted to count columns, but your sample output seems to be counting commas instead of columns. To count columns, you might try:
Code:
awk -F'"' '
{	nf = gsub(/,/, ",") + 1
	for(i = 2; i <= NF; i += 2)
		nf -= gsub(/,/, ",", $i)
	printf("%s\nresult:%d\n", $0, nf)
}' file

which, if file contains your two sample input lines, produces the output:
Code:
bc,pqrs,1234,567,hhh
result:5
2.abc,pqrs,1234,567,hhh,"in,valid",end12
result:7

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate csv file load

Hi All, I am using sqlldr to load my csv files into the database. The code in the sh script is as follows. sqlldr ${DBUSER}/${DBPASS}@${ORACLE_SID} \ data=myCSV.data \ bad=myCSV.bad \ control=myCSV.ctl \ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate a CSV file?

Hi. I think some people have already asked this, but the answers/questions seem to be about validating the contents inside a CSV file. I am simply after a simple variable solution (ie 0 = false, 1 = true) that I can use in my script to say that file so-and-so is actually a CSV file, or in some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate against a file

Hello all, I am having problem in writing a if condition for the following: I have a file Instance.dat which has: #Server Environment server1 dev server2 dev server3 sit #!/bin/ksh ENV=dev for i in $( cat Instances.dat | grep -v '#' |awk {'print $2'} ) do if ]... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate the file

How do we validate the header file. The file number should increament by 1 (position 17 to 19) if not abend the process. first week ABC0001 20100101123 second week ABC0001 20100108124 Third week ABC0001 20100115125 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Validate a CSV file using an XSD?

Hi All, I was wondering if there is a utility/perl library/way of validating the contents of a CSV file using an XSD. i.e. Customer csv (including Header & Trailer) Cust_num, Cust_nme, Cust_typ, Cust_act_dte, Cust_loc, 101,Joe's Pizza,Retail,10121979,Detroit, 102,Sony... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luinzi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to ingest a csv, validate data and insert into Oracle

Hi all i would appreciate your help... I am looking for a set of unix commands which i can use to 1) ingest a csv file with a known format 2) validate the filename 3) validate the data/datatypes 4) Insert into an oracle db Can you help get me started? yogz888 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogz888
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate header in a csv file

Hi All; I am struggling to write a script that validates file header. Header file would be like below with TAB separated TRX # TYPE REF # Source Piece Code Destination Piece Code every time I need to check the txt file if the header was same as above fields if validation success... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
6 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)