Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configuring Sendmail as a client only, how? Post 302971482 by c3rb3rus on Wednesday 20th of April 2016 05:23:57 PM
Old 04-20-2016
I realized my original question was very confusing, updated to be specific at the issue I am stuck at. We are using the "mail" command included in AIX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

configuring same /bash for 4 computer which is thin client

i m doing project on LAN TELEPHONY in Red Hat linux i have files as datbase to store the user name and passeord an all other information. Now i have thin client at my college. so to access /dev/dsp for audio is not possible on server. So i have written code which run on /base since it has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configuring sendmail.cf version is 1.74

Hello Please someone guide me to configure sendmail.cf on AIX 5.3 The sendmail.cf version is 1.74( bos53A src/bos/usr/sbin/sendmail/sendmail.cf 1.74) Thanks Amruta (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail

Hi anyone knows how to Configuring Sendmail on /usr/lib/mail/cd on solaris 9? i cannot find the sendmail.mc file and i not able to use m4 to compile! Pls help Thanks Summer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Configuring sendmail to modify the domain name

Hi, I would like to change the domain name using sendmail. For example, currently mails are sent like user@domain1.com I would like to change it to user@domain2.com How this can be done from HP-UX? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smuthuvel
0 Replies

5. Linux

configuring an NTP client/server

I need to configure an NTP daemon on a "bridge-PC" connected on 2 LANs. It is expected to read the correct time on a time server on the first LAN and behave as a server for the second LAN. Can I do both the things with ntpd? In other words, is ntpd able to work as client and server at the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjim33
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring sendmail option

Hi, I have a script which check for the health of an application. In the end I want to attache a file to send the information to the user using sendmail. How to configure sendmail in linux?How to attach a file and send it as a mail from script? Ahamed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Configuring send mail client in solaris 10

Dear all, We have SMTP server in our organization & i want to send e-mails from solaris machine using sendmail ... in which file i need to put the smtp server ip, username & passwd.. kindly help ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seek help configuring Sendmail 8.14.4 Unix

Seek help configuring Sendmail 8.14.4 Unix server. Not sure if this is the correct place to post or the Unix/Linux Forums job board. Seeking help configuring sendmail 8.14.4 on my Unix server. It appears I have an open relay. I was advised I need to modify a etc/mail/dir , a command line entry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raecampus
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail

Hi, I am using sendmail. I need to do the following: Send all internal emails to one relay, send to a particular external domain via a relay that required authentication. Could someone please advise on configuration? I tried one possibility but it failed. Posting "Does not work" without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
XtRealizeWidget()														 XtRealizeWidget()

Name
  XtRealizeWidget - realize a widget instance.

Synopsis
  void XtRealizeWidget(w)
	 Widget w;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the widget to be realized.  Must be of class Core or any subclass thereof.

Description
  XtRealizeWidget()  creates windows for the specified widget and all of its descendants.  If the specified widget is already realized, XtRe-
  alizeWidget() simply returns.  When a widget is first created, no X window is created along with it.	Realizing a widget is  the  term  for
  creating this window, and no widget can appear on the screen until it is realized.  The reason widget creation and window creation are han-
  dled separately is one of efficiency: when an interface is first created, there is an initial process of negotiating geometry and assigning
  a layout to each widget.  If the widgets had windows at this point, the geometry negotiation would require many XConfigureWindow() calls to
  the X server, which would significantly slow down application startup time.

The "Algorithm" section below describes the procedure followed by XtRealizeWidget().

Usage
  Most applications will call XtRealizeWidget() once just prior to calling XtAppMainLoop() to process events.  The argument to	XtRealizeWid-
  get()  is  usually  the top-level widget returned from XtAppInitialize().  If more widgets are subsequently created, they do not need to be
  realized because when a widget is created as the child of a realized widget, it is automatically realized.  Popup shells are also automati-
  cally realized, if necessary, when they are popped up.

You can test whether a widget is realized with XtIsRealized().  Until a widget is realized, certain functions will not operate as expected.
  XtWindow(), for example will not return a valid window if called with an unrealized widget.

You can unrealize a widget (destroy its window) but leave the widget structure intact with XtUnrealizeWidget().

Algorithm
  If the widget is already realized, XtRealizeWidget() simply returns.	Otherwise it performs the following:

o  Binds all action names in the widget's translation table to procedures.

o  Makes a postorder traversal of the widget tree rooted at the specified widget and calls each non-NULL  change_managed()  method  of  all
     composite widgets that have one or more managed children.

o  Constructs  an  XSetWindowAttributes  structure  filled  in with information derived from the Core widget fields and calls the realize()
     method for the widget, which adds any widget-specific attributes and creates the X window.

o  If the widget is not a subclass of compositeWidgetClass, XtRealizeWidget() returns; otherwise it continues and performs the following:

-	Descends recursively to each of the widget's managed children and calls the realize() methods.	Primitive  widgets  that  instantiate
	children are responsible for realizing those children themselves.

-	Maps  all  of  the  managed  children  windows that have mapped_when_managed True.  If a widget is managed but mapped_when_managed is
	False, the widget is allocated visual space but is not displayed.

If the widget is a top-level shell widget (that is, it has no parent), and mapped_when_managed is True, XtRealizeWidget() maps  the  widget
  window.

XtCreateWidget(), XtVaCreateWidget(), XtRealizeWidget(), XtManageChildren(), XtUnmanageChildren(), XtUnrealizeWidget(), XtSetMappedWhenMan-
  aged(), and XtDestroyWidget() maintain the following invariants:

o  If a composite widget is realized, then all its managed children are realized.

o  If a composite widget is realized, then all its managed children that have mapped_when_managed True are mapped.

All Intrinsics functions and all widget routines should accept either realized or  unrealized  widgets.   When  calling  the	realize()  or
  change_managed()  methods  for children of a composite widget, XtRealizeWidget() calls the procedures in reverse order of appearance in the
  CompositePart children list.	By default, this ordering of the realize procedures will result in the stacking order of  any  newly  created
  subwindows being top-to-bottom in the order of appearance on the list, and the most recently created child will be at the bottom.

See Also
  XtIsRealized(1), XtUnrealizeWidget(1),
  realize(4).

Xt - Widget Lifecycle														 XtRealizeWidget()