Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to put variables commands in config files? Post 302971407 by RudiC on Wednesday 20th of April 2016 02:02:05 AM
Old 04-20-2016
Not clear. WHAT goes wrong? WHERE are you stuck? Why should you want ALL commands in /bin in variables?

Did you source /home/test/config_file/config.cfg, or did you execute it (in a sub shell)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I put wildcards in an if statement that uses variables?

With the if statement: if How can I make it so it accepts a wildcard after the ${CURR_DAY_MONTH} variable? Putting a -f /webtrends/SUN/mrw2/access.${CURR_DAY_DAY}${CURR_DAY_MONTH}* won't work, right? I think I need some kind of special character so it knows the wildcard is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX config commands

Hi guys, Need a favour or information on how to get it done in configuring a HPUX-11i box?I need the commands which is needed to configure the box...The pdf's in HP site is too much to look at.Is there any advice from u guys on how could i settle this problem? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giriplug
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put content of file into variables

How to put a line of strings (with some white spaces in between) from a file into variables? I have tried the following codes. However, the content is cut by space (not by line) for i in `cat ${source_file}` do echo $i done Please comment. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a line and put it into 3 variables

Hi All, I'll get a file whose 2nd line contains 3 fields: filename(variable length), file size char(10), and record count int(10). How do I cut it and put it into 3 variables? eg: abcd.csv01234567891111111111 now I want: $one = abcd.csv, $two = 0123456789, $three = 1111111111. I also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

put value of multiple sql statements into unix variables

i want to use multple sql count statements and store these count values in unix variable but in one connection only i.e. in only 1 time database should be hit ,which is the main requirement. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sw@pnil
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ways to put variables into zenity radiolist

Hey guys, i have got a problem...zenity is not being able to read my variables in its radiolist options. as zenity needs a FALSE in front of a radiolist options, i have decided to ... op=$(awk '{print "FALSE" " " $2} /etc/fstab) $?=$(zenity --list --text "mount" --radiolist --column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dplate07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable. # Below RootDir is defined in windows RootDir="\\f01\var" # in unix script details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt" src=`echo $details|awk -F '|' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - is it possible to import variables from a config file?

hi, all. I got a question about awk: If I have a lot of awk files for different tasks, but they'll share the same base directory, log setting, action lists, etc., is it possible to import them from a config file, so that I don't have to put them into each awk file? For example, I need a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lan9856
8 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)                                                        Git Manual                                                        GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login To enable git-cvsserver access (which should generally have the no-interactive-login example above as a prerequisite, as creating the git-shell-commands directory allows interactive logins): $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs <<EOF if ! test $# = 1 && test "$1" = "server" then echo >&2 "git-cvsserver only handles "server"" exit 1 fi exec git cvsserver server EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SHELL(1)