Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Howto stop loops in CentOS
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Howto stop loops in CentOS Post 302971406 by sureshbabu.anis on Wednesday 20th of April 2016 01:26:46 AM
Old 04-20-2016
Network Howto stop loops in CentOS

Good morning,

At the client location

os is CentOS. In all the terminals i.e F1, F2, F3....F10 PING command is continuously running. I tried to terminate it using CTRL C or quit but unable to stop that command in all the terminals. How to stop that? Howto find batch files which are being run by hackers?

I'm not expert in unix flavour. Please help me.

Last edited by fpmurphy; 04-29-2016 at 12:49 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto

Dear All , Kindly I have some questions , I need hints or answers please . I have sparc4 , sun solaries 7 , mail server . i have about 5000 users , with no login shell , or home directories for the users . they only have mail boxes in /var/mail dir . now , I do not have any type of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto shorten script in a busybox environment by using for loops?

My satellite receiver is equipped with busybox, so a small linux version. That is why I can not use certain commands like #tomorrow in date commands or #date -d "+1 day" and thus I have to use: day1=$ I want to download every day 6 files from the internet but the filenames consist of the date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni_hao
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto stop loop iteration

I wonder how to stop further loop iterations when conditions gets false e.g. This file.txt contains the following structure : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 How to stop iteration when if statement gets false ? for n in `cat file.txt` do if (( n<=5 )) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script - going in loops can't stop

Hi First of all I tried lot of forums to create my first expect script. But I am totally stumped at the last step. I am no Linux Admin or ever trained in Linux. I just tried to create the script logically History : I need to to change my password across lot of servers in Linux over ssh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radioactive9
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies
asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-appserv, stop-appserv - stops the domains inthe specified directory SYNOPSIS
stop-appserv [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] This command has been deprecated. Please use stop-domain to stop the domains in the specified or default domains directory. stop-appserv stops the domains in the specified or default domains directory. If the domains directory is not specified, the domains in the default domains directory are stopped. The default domains directory is install_dir/domains. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are stopped. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domain is stopped in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS)