Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot find localhost
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cannot find localhost Post 302971396 by Meow613 on Tuesday 19th of April 2016 10:02:54 PM
Old 04-19-2016
Cannot find localhost

I get a "not found" error from this
Code:
localhost/choice.php

Code:
ethan@meow:~$ ping 127.0.0.1
PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.025 ms
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.036 m

and this

Code:
ethan@meow:~$ mysql -u root -p*** 
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.

and this

Code:
nano /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1  localhost  /var/www
127.0.1.1 WMC.wmcomputersystems  WMC

Totally confused

TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not find localhost in xntpdc

When I run "xntpdc" I get an error saying "can not find local host". If I run a "host <hostname>" and exit "xntpdc", upon returning to "xntpdc" the program gives me the same error. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahnathan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding LocalHost IP Address

I am writing a program that need to be run on several machines. I am running UNIX and wanted to know if there is a command similar to ipconfig (in DOS) that would return the IP Address of the machine that I am working on. (Not just the loopback address of 127.0.0.1). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazard0007
1 Replies

3. Linux

apache@localhost.localdomain

Hello, I am ltrying to find the config file to modify a parameter for apache (I guess). Here, when sending mail using php web form I get a copy of all mail sent from that form, but here is a sample of what I get : From : apache@localhost.localdomain To : myemail@host.com Subject : Mail ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while doing rcp to localhost

Hi, Rcping a file to localhost fails due to echo statement in .login file on a machine with RH 5.5 However, the same rcp is successful on another machine with Suse 9.2 (with the same .login). I cannot change .login file and was wondering at what could be causing this ? Command that I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolket
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

server can't find localhost: NXDOMAIN

Can someone PLEASE explain to me and advise on fix with the following error message ? # nslookup localhost Server: 192.168.1.1 Address: 192.168.1.1#53 ** server can't find localhost: NXDOMAIN my /etc/hosts file contains the following: # cat /etc/hosts # Do not remove... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Open Display localhost:0.0

I'm trying to connect to my linux server but I'm having some major problems. The server had OEL 5 installed and my local pc is running Windows XP. I'm using PuTTy to connect to the server with Xming running on my loacl machine. I login as root and run the following command - export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Timeout: No Response from localhost

Hi All! I having an issue when trying to run snmpwalk, so the following command it returns an error: bash-3.00# /usr/sfw/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost sysDescr.0 Timeout: No Response from localhost bash-3.00# I have checked also: bash-3.00# svcs -a | grep sma online ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Debian

Waiting for localhost.

I am getting the message - waiting for localhost. Here are some diagnostic steps I have tried .... root@meow:/home/ethan# cat /var/www/cgi-bin/httpd.conf ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/jkj ServerName 127.0.0.1:80 Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)