Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Restricted shell with execution permission on a file Post 302971331 by mary0 on Tuesday 19th of April 2016 06:03:43 AM
Old 04-19-2016
Hi vbe, I know it is a little bit late, anyway thanks for the suggestion ... I couldn't finish the job then, and I forgot the forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAM-Execution permission denied

Hi All, I have a problem at my HP box, at command line when i type sam to access sam, the message execution permission denied comes out, What do i do? Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joylili
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file execution in KSH shell

Dear all, I'm new in Unix system, I need help about how to create execution file. for example in my system i have file fg* when i open fg file i get : cmd='basename$0' $cmd "$@" how to create file like that (execution file) in KSH shell thank you for your help heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission on files restricted to a process

Hello, I have this process app.fcgi and a directory containing images. I'd like to ensure that only app.cgi can access those images and more generally that folder.Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission setup including execution

Oracle uses 'dbadmin' user on UNIX and one of the oracle trigger creates a file. However, it doesn't provide 'Read' & 'Write' access to 'group' & 'other' users. Per security reasons, we shouldn't use 'umask' feature. We have been trying to use 'setfacl' commands to achieve the same, but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

6. AIX

Restricted shell

Hello I have a user with a Restricted Shell on a Aix 5.3. My question is about if I can add one more path on the home directory. I mean the user have in his home directory. for example /test/my_application/logs but I need that this user can view another log that is on another path, if this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Output of a shell script into a file.

Hi Experts, I have a script called test.sh. I am trying to execute it with sh -x test.sh. Where i can find sequence of steps executed one by one. Now i want to these executions to be captured in a file. i.e sh -x test.sh > output.txt the above one is notworking. can anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

8. AIX

Execution permission denied

Hello everybody ! I'm trying to launch an application on a AIX server but I always have the error message : ksh: ./TalendOpenStudio-linux-gtk-ppc: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. while I have execution permission. I put on attached item what I have done. I have X11R6 as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bouga74
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restricted File Comparison

Hey guys, I've got a scripting problem that has been bugging me so thought I'd ask the wise people here! Basically I have two overlapping log files, and I want to get the newest lines from the new log file that aren't in the old log file - but not the old lines in the old log that aren't in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salamagd
1 Replies

10. Programming

Creating a bash based restricted shell

Hello. I need to write a command line interface that can be invoked either directly from the shell (command sub-command arguments), or as a shell that can process sub-commands. i want to use bash auto completion for both scenarios. example: lets say my CLI module is called 'mycli' and there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noamr
5 Replies
RESTOREDIRVBE(3)					       MBK LOGICAL FUNCTIONS						  RESTOREDIRVBE(3)

NAME
restoredirvbe - restore connectors directions from behavioral view ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mlo.h" int restoredirvbe(ptfig) lofig_list *ptfig; PARAMETER
ptfig Pointer to a lofig_list DESCRIPTION
The restoredirvbe function read the PORT section of the vhdl behavuoiral view of the figure, restores the externals connectors directions and order them as indicated in the vbe. RETURN VALUE
restoredirvbe returns 1 on success, 0 if there is an error while reading the vbe file, -1 if their is no vbe. ERROR
"*** mbk error *** restoredirvbe : no figure given" The ptfig parameter is NULL. "*** mbk error *** restoredirvbe : figure %s have more connectors than vbe" Number of connetors in vbe and in figure must be identical. If the vbe have more connectors, the getlocon function give an error on the unknown connector. "*** mbk error *** restoredirvbe : cannot read port well!" To restore the connectors directions, the vbe description must have a port well. "*** mbk error *** restoredirvbe : bit_vect neither to nor downto" In a port section of a vbe, the bit vector must have indication of the sens of incrementation. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" #include "mlo.h" lofig_list * getgoodlofig(figname, mode) char *figname; char mode; { lofig_list *ptfig; ptfig = getlofig(figname, mode); restoredirvbe(ptfig); return ptfig; } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), lofig(3), locon(3), getlofig(3), BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 RESTOREDIRVBE(3)