Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Restricted shell with execution permission on a file Post 302971331 by mary0 on Tuesday 19th of April 2016 06:03:43 AM
Old 04-19-2016
Hi vbe, I know it is a little bit late, anyway thanks for the suggestion ... I couldn't finish the job then, and I forgot the forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAM-Execution permission denied

Hi All, I have a problem at my HP box, at command line when i type sam to access sam, the message execution permission denied comes out, What do i do? Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joylili
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file execution in KSH shell

Dear all, I'm new in Unix system, I need help about how to create execution file. for example in my system i have file fg* when i open fg file i get : cmd='basename$0' $cmd "$@" how to create file like that (execution file) in KSH shell thank you for your help heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission on files restricted to a process

Hello, I have this process app.fcgi and a directory containing images. I'd like to ensure that only app.cgi can access those images and more generally that folder.Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission setup including execution

Oracle uses 'dbadmin' user on UNIX and one of the oracle trigger creates a file. However, it doesn't provide 'Read' & 'Write' access to 'group' & 'other' users. Per security reasons, we shouldn't use 'umask' feature. We have been trying to use 'setfacl' commands to achieve the same, but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

6. AIX

Restricted shell

Hello I have a user with a Restricted Shell on a Aix 5.3. My question is about if I can add one more path on the home directory. I mean the user have in his home directory. for example /test/my_application/logs but I need that this user can view another log that is on another path, if this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Output of a shell script into a file.

Hi Experts, I have a script called test.sh. I am trying to execute it with sh -x test.sh. Where i can find sequence of steps executed one by one. Now i want to these executions to be captured in a file. i.e sh -x test.sh > output.txt the above one is notworking. can anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

8. AIX

Execution permission denied

Hello everybody ! I'm trying to launch an application on a AIX server but I always have the error message : ksh: ./TalendOpenStudio-linux-gtk-ppc: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. while I have execution permission. I put on attached item what I have done. I have X11R6 as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bouga74
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restricted File Comparison

Hey guys, I've got a scripting problem that has been bugging me so thought I'd ask the wise people here! Basically I have two overlapping log files, and I want to get the newest lines from the new log file that aren't in the old log file - but not the old lines in the old log that aren't in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salamagd
1 Replies

10. Programming

Creating a bash based restricted shell

Hello. I need to write a command line interface that can be invoked either directly from the shell (command sub-command arguments), or as a shell that can process sub-commands. i want to use bash auto completion for both scenarios. example: lets say my CLI module is called 'mycli' and there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noamr
5 Replies
ns_sched(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				      ns_sched(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_after, ns_cancel, ns_pause, ns_resume, ns_schedule_daily, ns_schedule_proc, ns_schedule_weekly, ns_unschedule_proc - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_after seconds {script | procname ?args?} ns_cancel id ns_pause id ns_resume id ns_schedule_daily ?-thread? ?-once? hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_proc ?-thread? ?-once? interval {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_weekly ?-thread? ?-once? day hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_unschedule_proc id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_after run the specified script or procedure after the specified number of seconds ns_after returns an id which can be used with the ns_pause, ns_cancel and ns_resume apis. ns_cancel stops the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if unscheduled 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be unscheduled ns_pause pauses the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if paused, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be paused ns_resume resumes the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if resumed, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be resumed ns_schedule_daily ns_schedule_daily runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a day at the time specified by hour and minute. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_daily returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_proc ns_schedule_proc runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) at an interval specified by interval. The interval is the number of seconds between runs of the script. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_proc returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_weekly ns_schedule_weekly runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a week on the day specified by day and the time speci- fied by hour and minute. The day can be from 0 to 6, where 0 represents Sunday. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_weekly returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_unschedule_proc id ns_unschedule_proc stops a scheduled procedure from executing anymore. The scheduled procedure to be stopped is identified by its id, which was returned by the ns_schedule* function that was used to schedule the procedure. EXAMPLES
ns_after ns_cancel ns_pause ns_resume This example illustrates a web interface used to manage jobs. Depending on the action provided a job can be created, cancelled, paused or resumed. set action [ns_queryget action] set job [ns_queryget job] switch $action { create { set job [ns_after 10 [ns_queryget script]] ns_puts "Job created with id: $job" } cancel { if {[ns_cancel $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job cancelled" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not cancelled" } } pause { if {[ns_pause $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job paused" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not paused } } resume { if {[ns_resume $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job resumed" } else { ns_puts "Job $job couldn't be resumed" } } default { ns_puts "Invalid action $action" } } ns_schedule_daily This example defines a script called rolllog that uses ns_accesslog to roll the access log to a file with an extension containing the current date. The ns_schedule_daily function is used to execute the rolllog script on a daily basis. # Script to roll and rcp log file to host "grinder" proc rolllog {} { set suffix [ns_strftime "%y-%m-%d"] set new [ns_accesslog file].$suffix ns_accesslog roll $new exec rcp $new grinder:/logs/[file tail $new] } # Schedule "rolllog" to run at 3:30 am each morning ns_schedule_daily -thread 3 30 rolllog ns_schedule_proc proc dosomething blah { ns_log Notice "proc with arg '$blah'" } ns_schedule_proc 10 dosomething $arg1 SEE ALSO
KEYWORDS
schedule pause resume unschedule cancel after AOLserver 4.0 ns_sched(3aolserver)