Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking of file exist in different folder Post 302971323 by rovf on Tuesday 19th of April 2016 02:17:21 AM
Old 04-19-2016
I think this should do it:

Code:
rsync --ignore-existing $WORKING_DIR $DIR2

I didn't test it, so please try it with the option -n first (this would show what is copied, without actually copying anything).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if any folder is opened or not?

Alogorithm: ============= Whenever any user open any specific directory: 1) cd /usr/lib The prompt should show an Alert message like 2) echo "You have opened this folder" How should I write shell script this one?.. It should be irrespective of users and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exist checking error

Hi all, I have following code: export USERID=user export BATCHHOSTIP=190.113.3.324 remotePath=/home/user fileName=redbook.txt EXIST=`ssh $USERID@$BATCHHOSTIP 'if ; then echo 0; else echo 1 ; fi'` echo $EXIST II run the code from other server. The redbook.txt file is exist in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suigion
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all the files in folder a which exist in folder b

Hi , I need a script which basically deltes all files in folder a which are alreasy present in folder b say folder a has files abc.txt pqr .txt and b has abc.txt pqr.txt rmr.txt then file abc.txt and pqr.txt from a should be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Checking if a folder is empty or not using PHP

Hi, I am sharing this tip with you all.The codes given below will explain /** * Checking a folder is empty or not. * @param string $folderName * $folderName should be folder name or path * @return TRUE/FALSE (If any file or folder found/Empty folder) */ function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elizas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk check if folder exist

Hello Im trying to build a script that (among other stuff) checks each line in a file for the $4 "variabel" and if there are a folder in the directory that has that not has the same name as that it create a folder, otherwise it wont do anything. I guess i could just send the errors to /dev/null,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fisk4
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking if multiple directories exist

I need to create multiple directories if those directories do not exist already. How would you go by doing this. What I have so far. array=(one two three) for I in ${array} do if ] then mkdir ${I} fi doneI have a good feeling this is done incorrectly. The error I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file exist in folder

Hi guys, I am new to shell script, i want to write shell script, the script details has mentioned below Two files are to be check in one particular directory, if the file exist in particular folder then the file is existed and also if the file exist more than three hours then send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavi_bodi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking FTP server file exist or not

I am trying to delete old file in ftp server, after transferring new file successfully . but here i am checking both the file available or not using ls command. if both the file available means i need to get file_new and file_old file size as greater than zero. but i am getting only for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elango963
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if folder exist using case

Is it possible to use case when checking if a folder exist? I need to check if these folder exist . All of them could be present but I still need to check. If a folder is present, something will be processed. Different folder do different stuff. is this possible?' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)