Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting the Attached File in Email Post 302971320 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of April 2016 01:44:25 AM
Old 04-19-2016
So - looks like you're lucky. Not all versions of mailx do have the -a option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how attached date when renaming log file

I want to rename a log file every weekend but also want to add date in the end of logfile name. How can i do that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukadmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send a mail with a file attached

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to send a mail to a person in unix with a file attached. The file need to be zipped and then i want to send the mail to a person. I know that we can able to send mail from unix using the command mail mailaddress to send a mail to a person with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read the first and last column of the attached file

Dear All, I need a small script which will read from a txt file the first and and second and the last clumn of the file and determine how many are having +000 ,+024,+048 error codes. Please help me as soon as possible. Rgrds, A.Ali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samura
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the font of the attached file while using sendmail

Hi, I have one file which needs to be mailed through sendmail. I am using the following command to send this file to end users. But before sending how can I change the font of the input file to "Courier New" as the mail content was not in proper format if it is any other font. printf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: from two file create a mail with attached error

Hi. My name is Mirko I have two file. File 1: mio@mio.it tst@test.com bye@bye.fr File 2: error 08 ffff mio@mio.it test error 05 ffff bye@bye.fr test error 11 ffff tst@test.com test error 65 ffff mio@mio.it test error 55 ffff bye@bye.fr test Examples I would like to send a mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gionfalco01
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing attached doc from an email

How would you approach a problem of removing an attached document from an email? Later I would parse that attachment and put the data into a database. Can do that part. Unfortunately, I'm not use to the various mail programs - have been looking at sendmail and postfix but haven't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TJ_Green
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems sending an attached file with uuencode

I use uuencode in UNIX to send an attached .txt file to my e-mail. The .txt file looks like this: field_1;field_2;field_3 1;2;3 4;5;6 7;8;9 ... When the mail comes, with the attached file, it looks likt thuis: field_1;field_2;field_3 ;1;2;3 ;4;5;6 ;7;8;9 The different lines are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katled
3 Replies
APT-SHOW-VERSIONS(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     APT-SHOW-VERSIONS(1p)

NAME
apt-show-versions - Lists available package versions with distribution DESCRIPTION
apt-show-versions parses the dpkg status file and the APT lists for the installed and available package versions and distribution and shows upgrade options within the specific distribution of the selected package. This is really useful if you have a mixed stable/testing environment and want to list all packages which are from testing and can be upgraded in testing. apt-show-versions uses caching for the status information of installed and available packages. If you run apt-show-versions as root the cache is updated as needed. If you run as non-root uses the newest available information, but can't update the cache. If you run as root with the option -i the cache is initialized or updated only. SYNOPSIS
apt-show-versions [-h] [[-p] package name] [-a] [-b] OPTIONS
If you don't give any options the status of all installed packages is printed. -p package, --package=package Print available and installed versions for specified package. You can also specify a package name without the option -p. If -p and a package name are missing, all installed packages are displayed. -r, --regex interpret package from option -p as a regex. -R, --regex-all like --regex, but also show matching packages which are not installed -u, --upgradeable Print only upgradeable packages -a, --allversions Print all available versions of the selected packages -b, --brief Print only package_name/distribution for upgradeable packages -v, --verbose Prints out messages about which Package files are parsed. -i, --initialize Initialize or update package cache only (as root). Do this every time when the status of the installed or available packages has changed. Initialization is done automatically on installation of the package and via a cron.daily job. -stf file, --status-file=file Use file as the dpkg status file instead of /var/lib/dpkg/status -ld directory, --list-dir=directory Use directory as path to apt's list files instead of /var/state/apt/lists/ or /var/lib/apt/lists/ -h, --help Prints out command-line help. EXIT CODES
0 No error 1 Wrong usage 2 apt-show-versions has been called with exactly one package and upgradeable option set, but package is uptodate. As no output has been requested, this case gets signaled using the exit code. 255 Unspecified error EXAMPLES
If you want to know for all your installed packages whether they are uptodate or upgradeable, use: apt-show-versions If you want to have a list of all upgradeable packages: apt-show-versions -u To get a list of all available versions of libc6: apt-show-versions -a -p libc6 To get information about several packages: apt-show-versions dpkg apt apt-show-versions -r ^texlive To upgrade all packages in testing: apt-get install `apt-show-versions -u -b | fgrep testing` AUTHOR
Christoph Martin, martin@uni-mainz.de SEE ALSO
apt(8), dpkg(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-10-26 APT-SHOW-VERSIONS(1p)