Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting the Attached File in Email Post 302971315 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of April 2016 12:54:25 AM
Old 04-19-2016
That depends on the mail command you are using; e.g. mutt provides an
Quote:
OPTIONS
-a file
Attach a file to your message using MIME.
while mail/mailx don't.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how attached date when renaming log file

I want to rename a log file every weekend but also want to add date in the end of logfile name. How can i do that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukadmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send a mail with a file attached

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to send a mail to a person in unix with a file attached. The file need to be zipped and then i want to send the mail to a person. I know that we can able to send mail from unix using the command mail mailaddress to send a mail to a person with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read the first and last column of the attached file

Dear All, I need a small script which will read from a txt file the first and and second and the last clumn of the file and determine how many are having +000 ,+024,+048 error codes. Please help me as soon as possible. Rgrds, A.Ali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samura
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the font of the attached file while using sendmail

Hi, I have one file which needs to be mailed through sendmail. I am using the following command to send this file to end users. But before sending how can I change the font of the input file to "Courier New" as the mail content was not in proper format if it is any other font. printf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: from two file create a mail with attached error

Hi. My name is Mirko I have two file. File 1: mio@mio.it tst@test.com bye@bye.fr File 2: error 08 ffff mio@mio.it test error 05 ffff bye@bye.fr test error 11 ffff tst@test.com test error 65 ffff mio@mio.it test error 55 ffff bye@bye.fr test Examples I would like to send a mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gionfalco01
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing attached doc from an email

How would you approach a problem of removing an attached document from an email? Later I would parse that attachment and put the data into a database. Can do that part. Unfortunately, I'm not use to the various mail programs - have been looking at sendmail and postfix but haven't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TJ_Green
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems sending an attached file with uuencode

I use uuencode in UNIX to send an attached .txt file to my e-mail. The .txt file looks like this: field_1;field_2;field_3 1;2;3 4;5;6 7;8;9 ... When the mail comes, with the attached file, it looks likt thuis: field_1;field_2;field_3 ;1;2;3 ;4;5;6 ;7;8;9 The different lines are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katled
3 Replies
Email::Abstract(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Email::Abstract(3pm)

NAME
Email::Abstract - unified interface to mail representations SYNOPSIS
my $message = Mail::Message->read($rfc822) || Email::Simple->new($rfc822) || Mail::Internet->new([split / /, $rfc822]) || ... || $rfc822; my $email = Email::Abstract->new($message); my $subject = $email->get_header("Subject"); $email->set_header(Subject => "My new subject"); my $body = $email->get_body; $rfc822 = $email->as_string; my $mail_message = $email->cast("Mail::Message"); DESCRIPTION
"Email::Abstract" provides module writers with the ability to write simple, representation-independent mail handling code. For instance, in the cases of "Mail::Thread" or "Mail::ListDetector", a key part of the code involves reading the headers from a mail object. Where previously one would either have to specify the mail class required, or to build a new object from scratch, "Email::Abstract" can be used to perform certain simple operations on an object regardless of its underlying representation. "Email::Abstract" currently supports "Mail::Internet", "MIME::Entity", "Mail::Message", "Email::Simple" and "Email::MIME". Other representations are encouraged to create their own "Email::Abstract::*" class by copying "Email::Abstract::EmailSimple". All modules installed under the "Email::Abstract" hierarchy will be automatically picked up and used. METHODS
All of these methods may be called either as object methods or as class methods. When called as class methods, the email object (of any class supported by Email::Abstract) must be prepended to the list of arguments, like so: my $return = Email::Abstract->method($message, @args); This is provided primarily for backwards compatibility. new my $email = Email::Abstract->new($message); Given a message, either as a string or as an object for which an adapter is installed, this method will return a Email::Abstract object wrapping the message. If the message is given as a string, it will be used to construct an object, which will then be wrapped. get_header my $header = $email->get_header($header_name); my @headers = $email->get_header($header_name); This returns the values for the given header. In scalar context, it returns the first value. set_header $email->set_header($header => @values); This sets the $header header to the given one or more values. get_body my $body = $email->get_body; This returns the body as a string. set_body $email->set_body($string); This changes the body of the email to the given string. WARNING! You probably don't want to call this method, despite what you may think. Email message bodies are complicated, and rely on things like content type, encoding, and various MIME requirements. If you call "set_body" on a message more complicated than a single-part seven-bit plain-text message, you are likely to break something. If you need to do this sort of thing, you should probably use a specific message class from end to end. This method is left in place for backwards compatibility. as_string my $string = $email->as_string; This returns the whole email as a decoded string. cast my $mime_entity = $email->cast('MIME::Entity'); This method will convert a message from one message class to another. It will throw an exception if no adapter for the target class is known, or if the adapter does not provide a "construct" method. object my $message = $email->object; This method returns the message object wrapped by Email::Abstract. If called as a class method, it returns false. Note that, because strings are converted to message objects before wrapping, this method will return an object when the Email::Abstract was constructed from a string. PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Abstract> AUTHOR
Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com> Simon Cozens, <simon@cpan.org> Ricardo SIGNES, <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 by Simon Cozens This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-18 Email::Abstract(3pm)