Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find files having filename containing specific date format Post 302971173 by gopal.biswal on Sunday 17th of April 2016 07:11:39 AM
Old 04-17-2016
To find files having filename containing specific date format

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a shell script(tcsh) that finds all the files in a directory having the file name containing date format "YYYYMMDDHHMM" and extract the date time part ""YYYYMMDDHHMM" for further processing.

Could you please have any idea on this.

Code:
trades_201604040000.out
trades_201604040300.out
trades_201604040600.out

Thanks.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-17-2016 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date issue-find prevoius date in a patricular format

Hi , I have written a shell script that takes the current date on the server and stores it in a file. echo get /usr/home/data-`date '+%Y%d'`.xml> /usr/local/sandeep/GetFILE.ini I call this GetFILE.ini file from an sftp program to fetch a file from /usr/home/ as location. The file is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

2. AIX

find files with specific date and time

Hi, I wanna to find files with specific date and time. I know this command: ls -ltr /system1/*.505 | grep 'Jan 18 09:00'. I want the 'Jan 18 09:00' not hard coded, I want it coming from the system date and time. And I want the time varies from 09:00-09:05. Is this possible without heavy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create filename with 'DD/MM/YYYY' date format

Hi, I can use the following command to create a file with some name then underscore and then date appended to it in the format 'DD-MM-YYYY': touch "newfile_`date '+%d-%m-%Y'`" But it gives me error when I try with the similar command to create a file with the date format 'DD/MM/YYYY'. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Date in a Specific Format

Hi, This may sound a Basic, but please help I Hava a date in the Given Format yyyy_mm_dd Start_date=2008_07_09 (This is a Fixed Date) I need to Increment this Date in a For loop until it equals Current Date For(Start_date<Current_date) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsshishya
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to filter specific type of files older than certain date.

Hi I need to find the list of files in a directory and to do some specific operations based on the type of files. suppose in a directory am having .dat , .log, .err, .rej file types. i need to filter out .dat and .log only which are older than six months. i used the below query but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files greater than a particular date in filename.

I need a unix command which will find all the files greater that a particular date in the file name. say for example I have files like(filenaming cov : filename.YYDDMMSSSS.txt) abc.201206015423.txt abc.201207013456.txt abc.201202011234.txt abc.201201024321.txt efg.201202011234.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with specific date

Dear all, kindly i have some files with different dates i need to grep word from these files but i need to search in files with date 2012-12-02 not all files in this directory do u have any command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files for a specific date

Hi, I am looking to find files of a specific date. I am on Sun Solaris so newermt doesnot work.. I thought of using mtime but not getting how to use it. Please help me with this.. Regards Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
DP(8)                                                                [nmh-1.5]                                                               DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)