Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to tar/rsync/rm multiple folder names Post 302971151 by robertkwild on Saturday 16th of April 2016 11:10:03 AM
Old 04-16-2016
Can i just use an if statement and not an if or else statement,

If / Else Statements (Shell Scripting) - Code Wiki

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple folders to local machine (don't know folder names)

Hi. I'm trying to copy multiple folders from the remote machine to the local machine. I wrote a batch file to run an ftp window. The problem I am having is that the only command to copy files is mget *, and this copies only files, not folders. For example, ftp ts555 cd ts555/test ' test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenyburger
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lvm/tar/rsync backup script feedback/criticism

I have written a shell script to perform backups using tar, rsync and optionally utilise lvm snapshots. The script is not finished but is in a working state and comments/descriptions are poor. I would greatly appreciate any criticism and suggestions of the script to help improve my own learning... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files with similar names to folder

I have in directory /media/AUDIO/WAVE many .mp3 files with names like: my filename_01of02.mp3 my filename_02of02.mp3 Your File_01of06.mp3 Your File_02of06.mp3 etc.... In the same directory, /media/AUDIO/WAVE, I have many folders with names like 9780743579490 9780743579491 etc.. Inside... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing names of files in multiple folder

I have 1000's of directories which is named as numbers. Each directory contains multiple files. Each of these directories have a file named "att". I need to rename all the att files by adding the directory name followed by "_" then att for each of the directories. Directories 120 att... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do I need to extract the entire tar file to confirm the tar folder is fine?

I would like to confirm my file.tar is been tar-ed correctly before I remove them. But I have very limited disc space to untar it. Can I just do the listing instead of actual extract it? Can I say confirm folder integrity if the listing is sucessful without problem? tar tvf file1.tar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move one folder to multiple folder...

Hi All, I have to requirement to write a shell script to move file from one folder (A) to another five folder (B,C,D,E,F) and destination folder should be blank. In not blank just skip. This script will run as a scheduler every 2 minutes. It will check number of files in folder A and move 1 to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peekuabc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for printing folder names and their sizes

Good day, everyone! I'm very new to bash scripting. Our teacher gave us a task to create a script that basically does the same job the 'du' command does, with the difference that 'du' command gives an output in the form of <size> <folder name>and what we need is <folder name> <size>As for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UncleIS
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash script for printing folder names and their sizes

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script that would reproduce the output of 'du' command, but in a different way: what 'du' does is: <size> <folder name>and what is needed is <folder name> <size>We need to show only 10 folders which are the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UncleIS
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)