Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Raid0 array stresses only 1 disk out of 3 Post 302970989 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 14th of April 2016 10:54:31 AM
Old 04-14-2016
You are producing stats of the disks, but the stripe is made with partitions on those disks.. Are there other partitions on those disks. Also, what filesystem was created on the striped md device and where is it mounted?

/dev/zero is a character (c) device on the root filesystem in the directory /dev

What output does df produce?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

A1000 Disk storage array

I am new to the unix world. I have SunBlade 100 and A1000 Disk storage array with 12 Hard drives. I used SCSI card and SCSI cables to connect. When I do the format command,I can see disk storage as one disk instead of 12 disks as below. Could anybody can explain why? What should I do in order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dulasi
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris RAID0 doubt...

friends, Suppose I am typing metastat command and it is showing: d100: Concat/Stripe Size: 369495 blocks (180 MB) Stripe 0: (interlace: 32 blocks) Device Start Block Dbase Reloc c1d0s0 16065 Yes Yes c1d0s1 0 No Yes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3510 Disk Array Problem

I have a 3510 disk array attached to a T2000 server. The dmesg command shows disk error as follows and is generated a couple of times during the day Aug 18 03:35:51 myserver SUNWscsdMonitor: <rctrl6042> Standard General Event, CHL:2 ID:22 Drive NOTICE: Drive Recovered Error - 5F8E1F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Linux

Raid0 recovery from external HD

Hi, I have the Lacie Big Disk, which is a external hard drive enclosure in a hardware RAID0 array of 2x250GB disks. The RAID controller seems to have died, leaving me with 2 working hard drives but no way to get the data. I tried hooking the drives up to a windows machine and using Raid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is RAID0 faster?

I have read anecdotes about people installing RAID0 (RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) on some of their machines because it gives a performance boost. Because bandwidth on the motherboard is limited, can someone explain exactly why it should be faster? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Disk Array

So I have 2 solaris sun servers one with a disk array with 14 drives which I need to move to the other server. How do I move the disk array configured as a Raid 5 to another server without losing data? So far I know I'll connect the drive, run devfsadm, use format to verify the server see's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Array

HI: I have a DUAL redundant system running in HP-UX 10.20 ( 2 servers) Both servers share an external SCSI disk array. Both server runs a Data base wich uses the disk array to write the data, and that is the way they share the information. The way that the servers see the disk array, is like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmoren
1 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

9. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
advscan(8)						      System Manager's Manual							advscan(8)

NAME
advscan - Locates AdvFS volumes on disk devices SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/advscan [-g] [-a] [-r] [-f domain_name] devices... disk_group... OPTIONS
Scans all devices found in any /etc/fdmns domain as well as those in the command line. Fixes the domain count and the links in the /etc/fdmns directory for the named domain. Lists the AdvFS volumes in the order they are found on each disk device or Logical Storage Man- ager (LSM) disk group. Re-creates missing domains. The domain name is created from the device names or LSM disk group names. OPERANDS
Specifies the device names of disks to scan for AdvFS volumes. Specifies the LSM disk groups to scan for AdvFS volumes. DESCRIPTION
The advscan command locates AdvFS volumes (disk partitions or LSM volumes) that are in AdvFS domains. Given the AdvFS volumes, you can re-create or fix the /etc/fdmns directory of a named domain or LSM disk group. For example, if you have moved disks to a new system, moved disks around in a way that has changed device numbers, or lost track of where the AdvFS domains are, you can use this command to locate them. Another use of the advscan command is to repair AdvFS domains when you have broken them. For example, if you mistakenly delete the /etc/fdmns directory, delete a domain directory in the /etc/fdmns directory, or delete links from a domain directory under the /etc/fdmns directory, you can use the advscan command to fix the problem. The advscan command accepts a list of disk device names and/or LSM disk group names and searches all the disk partitions to determine which partitions are part of an AdvFS domain. You can run the advscan command to automatically rebuild all or part of your /etc/fdmns directory or you can rebuild it manually by supply- ing all the names of the AdvFS volumes in a domain. If the -g option is not set, the AdvFS volumes are listed as they are grouped in domains. Set this option to list the AdvFS volumes in the order they are found on each disk. Run the advscan command with the -r option set to re-create missing domains from the /etc/fdmns directory, missing links, or the entire /etc/fdmns directory. Although the advscan command will rebuild the /etc/fdmns directory automatically, Compaq recommends that you always keep a hard-copy record of the current /etc/fdmns directory. To determine if a disk partition is part of an AdvFS domain, the advscan command performs the following functions: Reads the first two pages of a partition to determine if it is an AdvFS volume and to find the domain information. Reads the disk label to sort out overlap- ping partitions. The size of overlapping partitions are examined and compared to the domain information to determine which partitions are in the domain. These partitions are reported in the output. Reads the boot block to determine if the partition is AdvFS root bootable. The advscan command displays the date the domain was created, the on-disk structure version, and the last known or current state of the volume. In order to mount an AdvFS fileset, the domain that contains the fileset must be consistent. An AdvFS domain is consistent when the number of physical partitions or volumes with the correct domain ID are equal to both the domain volume count (which is a number stored in the domain) and the number of links to the partitions that are in the /etc/fdmns directory. Domain inconsistencies can occur in diverse ways. Use the -f option to correct domain inconsistencies. If you attempt to mount an inconsistent domain, a message similar to the following will appear on the console: # Volume count mismatch for domain dmnz. dmnz expects 2 volumes, /etc/fdmns/dmnz has 1 links. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of the output from the advscan command. The following example scans devices dsk3 and diskgroup rootdg for AdvFS partitions: # advscan dsk3 rootdg Scanning devices /dev/rdisk/dskz3 rootdg Found domains: usr_domain Domain Id 30a91a42.0001e060 Created Thu Mar 16 14:37:54 2000 Domain volumes 2 /etc/fdmns links 2 Actual partitions found: rz3g rootdg.vol03 The following example scans devices found in /etc/fdmns. It uses the -g option to list parti- tions in the order they are found on the disks rather than grouping them into domains and matching them with the /etc/fdmns directory. # advscan -a -g scanning disks /dev/rdisk/dsk2 /dev/rdisk/dsk3 rootdg Partition Domain Id /dev/dsk2a 30a919ff.000ec470 V3, mounted, bootable 1 volume in domain Created Mon Jan 11 14:36:47 1999 Last mount Fri Jun 30 16:00:04 2000 /dev/dsk2g 30a91a32.0007c250 V4, mounted 1 volume in domain Created Thu Mar 16 14:37:38 2000 Last mount Fri Mar 24 17:14:16 2000 /dev/dsk3a 30abe160.00028eff V3, never mounted 1 volume in domain Created Thu Mar 18 17:12:00 1999 /dev/dsk3g 30a91a42.0001e060 V3, mounted 1 volume in domain Created Tue Mar 16 14:37:54 1999 Last mount Thu Mar 23 17:14:17 2000 rootdg.vol01 30c62c74.00036750 V4, dismounted 2 volumes in domain Created Fri Apr 7 15:51:16 2000 Last mount Fri Apr 7 17:16:06 2000 rootdg.vol02 30c62c74.00036750 V3, dismounted Created Wed Apr 7 15:51:16 1999 Last mount Wed Apr 7 17:16:06 1999 For the following example, two domains using device dsk3 and disk group rootdg were removed from the /etc/fdmns directory. The advscan command scans device dsk3 and disk group rootdg and then re-creates the missing domains. # advscan -r dsk3 rootdg Scanning disks /dev/disk/dsk3 /dev/rvol/rootdg Found domains: *unknown* Domain Id 30a91a42.0001e060 Created Tue Mar 16 14:37:54 2000 Domain volumes 1 /etc/fdmns links 0 Actual partitions found: dsk3g* *unknown* Domain Id 30c62c74.00036750 Created Wed Apr 7 15:51:16 2000 Domain volumes 2 /etc/fdmns links 0 Actual partitions found: rootdg.vol01* rootdg.vol02* Creating /etc/fdmns/domain_dsk3g/ linking dsk3g Creating /etc/fdmns/domain_rootdg.vol01_rootdg.vol02/ linking rootdg.vol01 linking rootdg.vol02 FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: disklabel(8) Files: fstab(4) advscan(8)