Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Split a large textfile (one file) into multiple file to base on ^L Post 302970955 by fspalero on Thursday 14th of April 2016 03:34:35 AM
Old 04-14-2016
hi,

thank you for the response, i forgot to say thank you for you guys. rudic, you gave a good solution for me. many many thanks

regards,
fspalero

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split A Large File

Hi, I have a large file(csv format) that I need to split into 2 files. The file looks something like Original_file.txt first name, family name, address a, b, c, d, e, f, and so on for over 100,00 lines I need to create two files from this one file. The condition is i need to ensure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each file

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Large File

HI, i've to split a large file which inputs seems like : Input file name_file.txt 00001|AAAA|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00001|AAAA|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00002|BBBB|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00002|BBBB|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00003|CCCC|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMARA
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a large file

I have a 3 GB text file that I would like to split. How can I do this? It's a giant comma-separated list of numbers. I would like to make it into about 20 files of ~100 MB each, with a custom header and footer. The file can only be split on commas, but they're plentiful. Something like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file into smaller file

hi Guys i need some help here.. i have a file which has > 800,000 lines in it. I need to split this file into smaller files with 25000 lines each. please help thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sitaldip
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large zone file dump into multiple files

I have a large zone file dump that consists of ; DNS record for the adomain.com domain data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 CRLF CRLF CRLF ; DNS record for the anotherdomain.com domain data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 data6 CRLF (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluemerlin
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed awk: split a large file to unique file names

Dear Users, Appreciate your help if you could help me with splitting a large file > 1 million lines with sed or awk. below is the text in the file input file.txt scaffold1 928 929 C/T + scaffold1 942 943 G/C + scaffold1 959 960 C/T +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapr0001
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Big XML file Base on tag

HI I want to split file base on tag name. I have few header and footer on file <?xml version="1.33" encing="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile" <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT"> <xn:MeContext id="PPP04156"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a content in a file with specific interval base on the delimited values using UNIX command

Hi All, we have a requirement to split a content in a text file every 5 rows and write in a new file . conditions: if 5th line falls between center of the statement . it should look upto after ";" files are below format: 1 UPDATE TABLE TEST1 SET VALUE ='AFDASDFAS' 2 WHERE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying To Split a Large File

Trying to split a 35gb file into 1000mb parts. My research shows I should you this. split -b 1000m file.txt and my return is "split: cannot open 'crunch1.txt' for reading: No such file or directory" so I tried split -b 1000m Documents/Wordlists/file.txt and I get nothing other than the curser just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sub terra
3 Replies
SF2TEXT(1)							   AWE32 manual 							SF2TEXT(1)

NAME
SF2TEXT - program to convert SBK or SF2 (SoundFont) files to text format SYNOPSIS
sf2text SoundFont [outputfile] txt2sfx [-Bv] [-m mode] [-d sf2file] textfile sfxfile sfxtext sfxfile gus2sfx [-Bv] [-m mode] [-d sf2file] textfile sfxfile DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sf2text , txt2sfx , sfxtext , and gus2sfx commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. All these programs are used for converting from various common patch file formats (SoundFont and GUS) into a proprietary format used by older versions of the AWE32 driver. Although newer versions of the driver and utilities are still compatible with these formats, these for- mats do not support multiple layer voices, and in general, you should use sfxload(1), and gusload(1) to load SoundFonts or GUS patches directly. sf2text is a program which converts SoundFont (.SBK and .SF2) files into an intermediate text format used by txt2sfx. txt2sfx is a program which converts the text format output by sf2text into a binary format "sfx" file. This file can be read by sfxload(1). sfx- text takes an "sfx" file, and converts it back to the text format. gus2sfx is a program which converts from GUS-format patch files into the sfx format handled by OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual UNIX command line syntax, but don't support long options (ones starting with two dashes `-'). sf2text, and sfxtext do not support any options. txt2sfx and gus2sfx support the following options: -B Adds a 48-byte blank loop to the end of each sample. -v Increases the verbosity level. Using this option more than once causes the output to become increasingly verbose. -m mode Sets the instrument usage mode when multiple definitions are found for the same instrument (multi-layered instruments): 0 means to use the first found, 1 means to use the last, and 2 means to merge them. -d sf2file Includes raw sample data found in the SoundFont file sf2file SEE ALSO
sfxload(1), gusload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. The AWE32 driver and utilities were written by Takashi Iwai <iwai@dragon.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>. awesfx 0.3.3 Sun Mar 2 10:13:22 GMT 1997 SF2TEXT(1)