Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console. Post 302970881 by vbe on Wednesday 13th of April 2016 04:23:21 AM
Old 04-13-2016
That means you have not network... The easiest is to reboot, or if you have time, start diagnosing what in your network(s) interface is faulty...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login Console

Hi All, I am very new to Unix and already have a problem... My predecessor didn't note down the username and password to login to the console of an HP D Class 9000 enterprise server we have. I was wondering whether there is any way to bypass this console login screen in Unix... If not is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RMadjitey
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot login via telnet or ssh to AIX 5.2 server

I somehow modified the system so that no one can telnet or ssh into this box as any user including root. I might have blown away important files, I don't know. Please let me know what I have to check to make it so that I can login. This is what I get when I try to telnet or ssh: telnet bk02... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Help me with console login problem

Hi, I have solaris 10 installed on my computer and when try to login in console mode, it would give output something like this. login:root Password: Last login: Thu May 29 10:00:55 on console -sh: syntax error: `(' unexpected -sh: grep: not found -sh: uname: not found -sh: test:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Cannot able to login on console

Hi I can neither able to login on console with my user ID nor with root user on HP-UX 9000/800 v11.11. I am putting the correct Password.While my colleague can login as his user on console. What is the reason that I can't login to console? Pl. help & thanks in advance. Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
5 Replies

5. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

7. AIX

user cannot login into AIX-6.1 server

Dear Friends , I got a problem In our AIX 6.1 server . When I start or restart the machine I cannot Login the server . It shows a dialog box and shows some comments , those are : >> The DT messaging system could not be started . To correct the problem : 1. Choose to return the login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

8. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console Login and Telnet

Hopefully my question makes sense, but I was wondering if the telnet service has anything to do with console logins or if they are completely unrelated. So for example, does the /etc/default/login file in UNIX have anything to do with Telnet? So if I want to verify that the root user can't login... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixauditor
8 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to ssh or login to AIX server

We are having occasional problems accessing some AIX servers. When this happens we cannot ssh to the server in question or login via HMC console terminal window. We can ssh some commands to the server and get responses but other commands just hang, ssh serverA date returns the date, ssh serverA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kierong
5 Replies
net_phygetnext(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					net_phygetnext(9F)

NAME
net_phygetnext - search through the current list of network interfaces SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> phy_if_t net_phygetnext(const net_data_t net, const phy_if_t ifp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
net value returned from a successful call to net_protocol_lookup(9F). ifp value returned from a successful call to this function or net_phylookup(9F). DESCRIPTION
The net_phygetnext() function searches through all of the network interfaces that a network protocol "owns". To start searching through all of the interfaces owned by a protocol, a value of 0 should be passed through as the value of ifp. When 0 is returned by this function, the last of the interfaces owned by this protocol has been reached. When called successfully, the value returned represents a network interface that exists, at the time of the call, within the scope of the network interface. This value is only guaranteed to be unique for a name within the scope of the network protocol. EXAMPLES
net_data_t net; phy_if_t ifp; char buffer[32]; net = net_protocol_lookup("inet"); if (net != NULL) { for (ifp = net_phygetnext(net, 0); ifp != 0; ifp = net_phygetnext(net, ifp)) { /* Do something with ifp */ if (net_getifname(net, ifp, buffer, sizeof(buffer) >= 0) printf("Interface %s0, buffer); } } RETURN VALUES
The net_phygetnext() function returns -1 if it is not supported by the network protocol or 0 if an attempt to go beyond the last network interface is made. Otherwise, it returns a value representing a network interface. CONTEXT
The net_phygetnext() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_phylookup(9F), net_protocol_lookup(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_phygetnext(9F)