Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reporting characters after string Post 302970859 by Xterra on Tuesday 12th of April 2016 02:52:54 PM
Old 04-12-2016
I will install mawk and report back
Sorry, my code should be as follows:
Code:
 sed -n '/AATTCCGG/s/^[ATCG]*AATTCCGG\(....\)[ATCG]*$/\1/p; /CCGGAATT/{y/ATCG/TAGC/; s/^[ATCG]*\(.\)\(.\)\(.\)\(.\)GGCCTTAA[ATCG]*$/\4\3\2\1/p;}'

I can search all occurrences in each and every line using global:
Code:
 sed -n '/AATTCCGG/s/^[ATCG]*AATTCCGG\(....\)[ATCG]*$/\1/pg; /CCGGAATT/{y/ATCG/TAGC/; s/^[ATCG]*\(.\)\(.\)\(.\)\(.\)GGCCTTAA[ATCG]*$/\4\3\2\1/pg;}'

I still wondering how would you limit your awk script to only 10 occurrences in the file

Last edited by Xterra; 04-12-2016 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: comment

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters from a string

I need help to strip out the first two characters of the variable $FileName. Please help. FileName=`find . -mtime +0 -name '*'` Contents of variable $FileName: ./SRIZVI4.MCR_IDEAS_REPORT.LAST.052705.075405.csv I want to strip out "./" and place the contents in another variable. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a string in files and reporting matches

Can someone please help me figure out what the command syntax I need to use is? Here is what I am wanting to do. I have hundreds of thousands of files I need to look for a specific search string in. These files are spread across multiple subdirectories from one main directory. I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: btrotter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add string after another string with special characters

Hello everyone, I'm writing a script to add a string to an XML file, right after a specified string that only occurs once in the file. For testing purposes I created a file 'testfile' that looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 And this is the script as far as I've managed: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliode
2 Replies

4. Programming

string with invalid characters

This is a pretty straight-forward question. Within a program of mine, I have a string that's going to be used as a filename, but it might have some invalid characters in it that wouldn't be valid in a filename. If there are any invalid characters, I want to get rid of them and essentially squeeze... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get certain characters in a string

Hi Everyone, I have a.txt 12341" <sip:191@vo.my>;asdf=q" 116aaaa<sip:00091@vo.my>;penguin would like to get the output 191 00091 Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count the characters in a string

Hi all, I like to know how to get the count of each character in a given word. Using the commands i can easily get the output. How do it without using the commands ( in shell programming or any programming) if you give outline of the program ( pseudo code ) i used the following commands ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
3 Replies

7. Programming

C++ Special Characters in a String?

Hello. How can i put all of the special characters on my keyboard into a string in c++ ? I tried this but it doesn't work. string characters("~`!@#$%^&*()_-+=|\}]{ How can i accomplish this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove characters from string based on occurrence of a string

Hello Folks.. I need your help .. here the example of my problem..i know its easy..i don't all the commands in unix to do this especiallly sed...here my string.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj_vw_dec2_dfgh_dwq desired output is.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj it's a simple task with tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract characters from a string name

Hi All, I am trying to extract only characters from a string value eg: abcdedg1234.cnf How can I extract only characters abcdedg and assign to a variable. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)