Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending errors via mail
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending errors via mail Post 302970805 by Pizza on Tuesday 12th of April 2016 02:39:55 AM
Old 04-12-2016
Perfect.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending mail

How do I send an email with a subject and an attachment from a command prompt? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskarica
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending

Dear all, how can i send mail using mailx or mail command?do i need to configure anything for sending mail?please help me.Its urgent. the version i use is Linux TDM 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Thanks Regards, Pankaj (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail

i want to send an email from the unix machine to the windows machine. now windows dont have any specified folder for the mail. mail has to be sent to the email-id like abc@xyz.com unix machine itself can not directly send mail. it has to be transferred via mail server. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail

Hi there, How can I send the automated log file, daily at 7 am to the respective mail . Thanks in Advance, Neha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Got Errors while sending a transaction through ESB

We are getting below error when processing a transaction through ESB. I work for SOA admin and checked the JCA connection is working fine also code also working fine in other envs. An unhandled exception has been thrown in the ESB system. The exception reported is:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
1 Replies

7. AIX

errpt kept sending errors after disk replacement

Hi, The system is a Power6 8204 with an external storage 7031. OS is AIX 5.3. I replaced a failed disk hdisk28 and put it back to the volume group. Everything looks just fine. After the replacement, errpt has kept sending "Perm DISK OPERATION ERROR". Other than the error, everything still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail in perl.. No errors and also no output

Hi folks, I am trying to send an email in Perl script with the below code. I have written the code in Padre IDE and installed all the required modules(Mail::Sendmail) and executed the code. It is neither showing errors nor giving the output. I havnt received an mail after running the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
otr_parse(1)							   User Commands						      otr_parse(1)

NAME
otr_parse, otr_sesskeys, otr_mackey, otr_readforge, otr_modify, otr_remac - process Off-the-Record Messaging transcripts SYNOPSIS
otr_parse otr_sesskeys our_privkey their_pubkey otr_mackey aes_enc_key otr_readforge aes_enc_key [newmsg] otr_modify mackey old_text new_text offset otr_remac mackey flags snd_keyd rcv_keyd pubkey counter encdata revealed_mackeys DESCRIPTION
Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging allows you to have private conversations over IM by providing: o Encryption o No one else can read your instant messages. o Authentication o You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is. o Deniability o The messages you send do not have digital signatures that are checkable by a third party. Anyone can forge messages after a conversa- tion to make them look like they came from you. However, during a conversation, your correspondent is assured the messages he sees are authentic and unmodified. o Perfect forward secrecy o If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation is compromised. The OTR Toolkit is useful for analyzing and/or forging OTR messages. Why do we offer this? Primarily, to make absolutely sure that tran- scripts of OTR conversations are really easy to forge after the fact. [Note that during an OTR conversation, messages can not be forged without real-time access to the secret keys on the participants' computers, and in that case, all security has already been lost.] Easily- forgeable transcripts help us provide the "Deniability" property: if someone claims you said something over OTR, they will have no proof, as anyone at all can modify a transcript to make it say whatever they like, and still have all the verification come out correctly. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The following commands are supported: otr_parse Parse OTR messages given on stdin, showing the values of all the fields in OTR protocol messages. otr_sesskeys our_privkey their_pubkey Shows our public key, the session id, two AES and two MAC keys derived from the given Diffie-Hellman keys (one private, one public). otr_mackey aes_enc_key Shows the MAC key derived from the given AES key. otr_readforge aes_enc_key [newmsg] Decrypts an OTR Data message using the given AES key, and displays the message. If newmsg is given, replace the message with that one, encrypt and MAC it properly, and output the resulting OTR Data Message. This works even if the given key was not correct for the orig- inal message, so as to enable complete forgeries. otr_modify_mackey old_text new_text offset Even if you can't read the data because you do not know either the AES key or the Diffie-Hellman private key, but you can make a good guess that the substring "old_text" appears at the given offset in the message, replace the old_text with the new_text (which must be of the same length), recalculate the MAC with the given mackey, and output the resulting Data message. Note that, even if you don't know any text in an existing message, you can still forge messages of your choice using the otr_readforge command, above. otr_remac mackey flags snd_keyid rcv_keyid pubkey counter encdata revealed_mackeys Make a new OTR Data Message, with the given pieces (note that the data part is already encrypted). MAC it with the given mackey. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pidgin(1), attributes(5) Off-the-Record Messaging, at http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/ NOTES
Written by the OTR Dev team (otr@cypherpunks.ca). Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2007. SunOS 5.11 13 Nov 2007 otr_parse(1)