Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Very Tiny UNIX project for Money Post 302970789 by aash on Monday 11th of April 2016 11:20:10 PM
Old 04-12-2016
LOL not suspicious it was just going to be easier to upload a file with details on it. I will post the details in few minutes.

---------- Post updated at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:05 PM ----------

1) Write a script (project2.sh) that will take information from a file, and print (user’s choice of
printers) identical form letters to each recipient. Either E-197, E-199, E-194 printers or to project2.output. Prompt the user for their choice.

2) The script and output file need to be fully functioning script (project2.sh) your data file (project2.input) and your output file (project2.output)

3) Requirements of the script.
a. You can use any shell for processing the script (declare on first line).

b. The user of the script will be given a couple of options.

i. If the user gives no command line arguments, ask for the needed information,
through on-screen menus.

ii. If the user provides information, then, check to make sure the information is
accurate and print the letters to the identified printers.

c. Other outputs, such as information and headings, must take place in the script.

d. You must use a loop to process each line of the data file if it is processed. Your script should work if there are 4 lines in the data file or 4000 lines in the data file.

e. Your data file must be as shown in item 4. (project2.input)

f. Fully document (comment) all operations within the script.

4) Data file (project2.input) will be as follows:
Mike,Robert,M,E162k,1234 Fort, Lansing,Mi,48221
James,John,M,E162I,1234 Fort, Lansing,Mi,48221
David,Ray,F,P262I,1234 Fort, Lansing,Mi,48221
Todd,Jay,M,P252F,1234 Fort, Lansing,Mi,48221

5) The contents and example of the of the letter output are as follows:

Dear Mr. Mike

Welcome to Widgets, Inc. Robert. This letter is to inform you of your assigned office space at Widgets, Inc. is in the main Engineering building. Your office is E-1162-K located at 1234 Fort, Lansing,Mi,48221

Sicerely,

The Boss

---------- Post updated at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:18 PM ----------

Please let me know if you need anymore details.

Thanks

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Very Tiny UNIX project for Money

Hello guys I have a tiny project that I need someone to do for me and I will pay him/her. I need it by tomorrow at 11:00 PM. Please if someone is willing to do it for me let me know and send me your email. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aash
1 Replies
trcs(1) 							   User Manuals 							   trcs(1)

NAME
trcs - convert text files from one codeset to other SYNOPSIS
trcs -C | -l | -h trcs [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [ file ]... DESCRIPTION
trcs is a program for translation of text files from one codeset to other. When exact translation is impossible it tries to make approxi- mations. For example pseudographic characters are approximated by ASCII characters in codesets that have no pseudographic characters and characters with diacritical marks are approximated by existing characters. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trcs will generate simple script that invokes tr(1) This is useful if you want to include this in your script or for faster conversion of many files. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given each file will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On standard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset If there is no file given trcs will act as filter. Both input-codeset and out- put-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert text files. -l, --list List all known codesets with their aliases. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the output. EXAMPLES
trcs -fcyrillic -t koi8-r letter.txt Convert letter.txt from ISO-8859-5 (cyrillic) to KOI8-R and output the result on standard output. trcs --from cp437 --to=mik --gen-script >ibm2mik Generates script ibm2mik for converting from CP437 to MIK. sh ibm2mik screen.txt Convert screen.txt from CP437 to MIK. Output the result on standard output. Without parameters ibm2mik acts as filter. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
tr(1) Linux JUN 2000 trcs(1)