Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace string at begining of the line Post 302970672 by galford on Sunday 10th of April 2016 12:18:10 PM
Old 04-10-2016
Replace string at begining of the line

Hello again people,

I have a list of websites in this format:

Code:
domain.com
domain1.com
domain2.com
domainwww.com
domain2www.com
domain3www.com
www.domain.com
www.domain2.com
www.domain3.com

I want to replace the string "www." with "nothing" but only lines that start with "www."

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete blank space in begining of line

Hi All, below is my data file file.txt $$0 ServerA LAN1 AAA IT01 04/30/2008 09:16:26 $$0 ServerB LAN1 AAA IT02 04/30/2008 09:16:26 here $ is a blank space how to delete first 2 blank spaces in a file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a string ,replace the whole line with new line

hai i am very new to unix. i am having two files like this. first.properties cache.ZA.TL_CCY=SELECT trim(CCY_CODE)||trim(COUNTRY_CODE)||trim(CITY_CODE) AS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to replace a particular string in a line

I have a file with has the following data abaddda;;;;;;;;asdfd;;;d;dadfewdff;f;v;v;v;;v;v;v;v;v;v;v;w;; ;frf;r;v;afd;f;ad;f;d;;va;;g;g;sd;a;dg;ag;ads;ga;dga;d;dsa;;;; ;;sd;df;asd;f;df;adf;adf;;df;df;;d;f;f;sf;df;f;df;;fd;f;f;sdfd;;;; I want to replace every 13 th semicolon ; in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raju Datla
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

matching 3 digits at the begining and the end of the line

I have a file with hundreds of records and I need to find those records that have three digits at the beginning and the same three digits at the end. $GREP '\(\)\(\)\(\)\3\2\1'I believe this is part of the script but I am not sure how to compare these 3 digits with the 3 digits at the end of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

junk characters in the begining of every line

Hi Experts, here is a background to my problem : I am exporting data from teradata using fastexport utility, as varchar data. This pads additional two bytes (2 places as seen in notepad) in the resultset. I have found out other means of avoiding it but can't use varchar option in that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
6 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line by line and replace string.

Hi, I currently have a problem that I need to read a file line by line. After I read it line by line there are some commands in which I have to change a specific string.(In my case, I have to make a script that changes all the passwords into hash value) Here is a sample input... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebennnn
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies
asadmin-list-domains(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-domains, list-domains - lists the domains in the given domains directory SYNOPSIS
list-domains [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] list-domains lists the domains in the given domains directory. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are located. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains in the default install_dir/domains directory are listed. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Example 1: Using list-domains asadmin> list-domains List of domains: domain1 running samples not running Where: the domain1 and samples are listed and their status printed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)