Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reporting characters after string Post 302970655 by RudiC on Sunday 10th of April 2016 02:34:05 AM
Old 04-10-2016
If I see it correctly, that reversed/complemented string sits BEFORE your search pattern? If my memory serves me right, you had been given some sort of "algorithm/function" to reverse/complement strings; mayhap you could apply those?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters from a string

I need help to strip out the first two characters of the variable $FileName. Please help. FileName=`find . -mtime +0 -name '*'` Contents of variable $FileName: ./SRIZVI4.MCR_IDEAS_REPORT.LAST.052705.075405.csv I want to strip out "./" and place the contents in another variable. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a string in files and reporting matches

Can someone please help me figure out what the command syntax I need to use is? Here is what I am wanting to do. I have hundreds of thousands of files I need to look for a specific search string in. These files are spread across multiple subdirectories from one main directory. I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: btrotter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add string after another string with special characters

Hello everyone, I'm writing a script to add a string to an XML file, right after a specified string that only occurs once in the file. For testing purposes I created a file 'testfile' that looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 And this is the script as far as I've managed: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliode
2 Replies

4. Programming

string with invalid characters

This is a pretty straight-forward question. Within a program of mine, I have a string that's going to be used as a filename, but it might have some invalid characters in it that wouldn't be valid in a filename. If there are any invalid characters, I want to get rid of them and essentially squeeze... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get certain characters in a string

Hi Everyone, I have a.txt 12341" <sip:191@vo.my>;asdf=q" 116aaaa<sip:00091@vo.my>;penguin would like to get the output 191 00091 Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count the characters in a string

Hi all, I like to know how to get the count of each character in a given word. Using the commands i can easily get the output. How do it without using the commands ( in shell programming or any programming) if you give outline of the program ( pseudo code ) i used the following commands ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
3 Replies

7. Programming

C++ Special Characters in a String?

Hello. How can i put all of the special characters on my keyboard into a string in c++ ? I tried this but it doesn't work. string characters("~`!@#$%^&*()_-+=|\}]{ How can i accomplish this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove characters from string based on occurrence of a string

Hello Folks.. I need your help .. here the example of my problem..i know its easy..i don't all the commands in unix to do this especiallly sed...here my string.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj_vw_dec2_dfgh_dwq desired output is.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj it's a simple task with tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract characters from a string name

Hi All, I am trying to extract only characters from a string value eg: abcdedg1234.cnf How can I extract only characters abcdedg and assign to a variable. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(string, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(string, pattern, nocase) ARGUMENTS
char *string (in) String to test. char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int nocase (in) Specifies whether the match should be done case-sensitive (0) or case-insensitive (1). _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the ``string match'' Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. | In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by | passing nocase as 1), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.1 Tcl_StringMatch(3)