Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script Help - Data cleansing Post 302970510 by RudiC on Thursday 7th of April 2016 10:09:57 AM
Old 04-07-2016
Any attempts/ideas/thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe data to shell script

Sorry about the noobish question but... How do I capture data thats piped to my script? For instance, ls -al | myscript.sh How do I access the output from ls -al in myscript.sh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones07
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting remote data through shell script

Hi, I need to get the details (File System status & Memory status) of a remote server. I am executing a shell script in ksh and preparing the report. Pls help. Regards, armohans. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: armohans
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cleansing file in unix

Hi Experts, Our requirement is to cleanse a specific formatted file in unix. For example : File pattern is : Job name.......................................... \\\\Jobs\Amey ABC PQRS ABCD XYZ Job name.......................................... WEQ RED AAA Desired Result: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat data with a shell script

Can anyone help me with a shell script that can do the following: I have a data in fasta format (first line is the header, followed by a sequence of characters). >ALLLY GGCCCCTCGAGCCTCGAACCGGAACCTCCAAATCCGAGACGCTCTGCTTATGAGGACCTC GAAATATGCCGGCCAGTGAAAAAATCTTGTGGCTTTGAGGGCTTTTGGTTGGCCAGGGGC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cleansing data

I have a file with 27 fields seperated by pipe. I have a field 17 that is defined as numeric and the data coming in might contain character and other miscellaneous data like (@,!,~,#,%,^,&,*,(,)). I have to make sure that the column strictly contains numeric data and if it contains any of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data Importing using shell script

Hi All, I have a .csv file pipe delimter.., I am using excel data import option for importing the data from a pipe delimter file to xls...I want to make this happen using shell script. Please let me know how can I do this using shell script. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert column data to row data using shell script

Hi, I want to convert a 3-column data to 3-row data using shell script. Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sktkpl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to clean data

Hi, Appreciated if anyone can throw some hint I have a file format like this: old(1): PRCNCP 1 old(2): PRSKU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to correct the data

Hi, I have below data in my flat file.I would like to remove the quotes and comma necessary from the data.Below is the details I would like to have in my output. Could anybody help me providing the Unix shell script for this. Input : ABC,ABC,10/15/2012,"47,936,164.567 ","1,036,997.453... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
2 Replies
xcompmgr(1)						      General Commands Manual						       xcompmgr(1)

NAME
xcompmgr - sample X compositing manager SYNOPSIS
xcompmgr [-d display] [-r radius] [-o opacity] [-l left-offset] [-t top-offset] [-acCfFnsS] DESCRIPTION
xcompmgr is a sample compositing manager for X servers supporting the XFIXES, DAMAGE, and COMPOSITE extensions. It enables basic eye-candy effects. OPTIONS
-d display Specifies the display to manage. -r radius Specifies the blur radius for client-side shadows. -o opacity Specifies the opacity for client-side shadows. -l left-offset Specifies the left offset for client-side shadows. -t top-offset Specifies the top offset for client-side shadows. -I fade-in-step Specifies the opacity change between steps while fading in. -O fade-out-step Specifies the opacity change between steps while fading out. -D fade-delta Specifies the time (in milliseconds) between steps in a fade. -a Automatic server-side compositing. This instructs the server to use the standard composition rules. Useful for debugging. -c Client-side compositing with soft shadows and translucency support. -f When -c is specified, enables a smooth fade effect for transient windows like menus, and for all windows on hide and restore events. -n Simple client-side compositing. -s Server-side compositing with hard-edged shadows. -C When -c is specified, attempts to avoid painting shadows on panels and docks. -F When -f is specified, also enables the fade effect when windows change their opacity, as with transset(1). -S Enables synchronous operation. Useful for debugging. BUGS
Probably. Please report any you find to http://bugs.freedesktop.org/. AUTHORS
Keith Packard, with contributions from Matthew Allum, Eric Anholt, Dan Doel, Thomas Luebking, Matthew Hawn, Ely Levy, Phil Blundell, and Carl Worth. xcompmgr(1)