Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script Help - Data cleansing Post 302970504 by pdathu on Thursday 7th of April 2016 09:42:09 AM
Old 04-07-2016
Hammer & Screwdriver Shell script Help - Data cleansing

Hello community, I am getting a log files from system and I need to clean the data and store as txt files for reporting purposes. Since these files are generated in Unix box, so we have to write shell script to handle the data cleansing.

Please find the sample file data looks like:

Code:
InsertTime:201604070523 DocID:101
#headers 
'DocID: 101    MOVEABLE TOOLS:   2 QTY:    0     HELD TOOLS:   0 QTY:    0     BLOCKED TOOLS:   0 QTY:    0'
#columns  'TargetDoc' 'GRank' 'LRank' 'Priority' 'Loc ID'
#widths 12 3 3 12 25
#types 'STRING' 'INTEGER' 'INTEGER' 'STRING' 'STRING'
#rows
'aaaaa' '1' '1' 'Slow' '8gkahinka.01'
'aaaaa' '1' '0' 'Slow' '7nlafnjbaflnbja.01'

#blocked '' '' 
#rule 'Rule_Abcd'
#doc '101'
#station_type ' '
#queue_duration '1.09673e-05'
#process_duration '4.61456'
#ISS-DLIS-DIAGS
InsertTime:201604070523 DocID:102
#headers 
'DocID: 102    MOVEABLE TOOLS:   2 QTY:    0     HELD TOOLS:   0 QTY:    0     BLOCKED TOOLS:   0 QTY:    0'
#columns  'TargetDoc' 'Rank' 'Check Name' 'Loc ID'
#widths 12 3 3 12 25
#rows
'aa' '1' 'xyz' '8gkahinka.01'
'aax' '1' 'none' '7nlafnjbaflnbja.01'

#blocked '' '' 
#rule 'Rule_Axf'
#doc '102'
#station_type ' '
#process_duration '4.61456'
#ISS-DLIS-DIAGS
InsertTime:201604070750 DocID:101
#headers 
'DocID: 101    MOVEABLE TOOLS:   2 QTY:    0     HELD TOOLS:   0 QTY:    0     BLOCKED TOOLS:   0 QTY:    0'
#columns  'TargetDoc' 'GRank' 'LRank' 'Priority' 'Loc ID'
#widths 12 3 3 12 25
#rows
'xxxx' '1' '1' 'Slow' 'bjkkacka.01'
'yyyy' '1' '0' 'Slow' 'jiafjklas.001'

#blocked '' '' 
#rule 'Rule_Abcd'
#doc '101'
#station_type ' '
#ISS-DLIS-DIAGS

This was a raw data and I need to write a shell script to cleanse the data.
1. row started with # is like comment and we need to ignore that other than #coulmns
2. #columns are give the columns names and #rows give the actual data.
3. unwanted data highlighted with red color and useful data highlighted as black color
4. The header for out put file is always all the #headers in the data along with InsertTime and DocID
5. assign the values as per header and add InsertTime & DocID values too.
6. data delimiter is | in the out put file.

Please find the desired out put:

Code:
InsertTime|DocID|TargetDoc|GRank|LRank|Priority|Loc ID|Rank|Check Name
201604070523|101|aaaaa|1|1|Slow|8gkahinka.01||
201604070523|101|aaaaa|1|0|Slow|7nlafnjbaflnbja.01||
201604070523|102|aa||||8gkahinka.01|1|xyz
201604070523|102|aax||||7nlafnjbaflnbja.01|1|none
201604070750|101|xxxx|1|1|Slow|bjkkacka.01||
201604070750|101|yyyy|1|0|Slow|jiafjklas.001||

Last edited by RudiC; 04-07-2016 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe data to shell script

Sorry about the noobish question but... How do I capture data thats piped to my script? For instance, ls -al | myscript.sh How do I access the output from ls -al in myscript.sh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones07
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting remote data through shell script

Hi, I need to get the details (File System status & Memory status) of a remote server. I am executing a shell script in ksh and preparing the report. Pls help. Regards, armohans. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: armohans
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cleansing file in unix

Hi Experts, Our requirement is to cleanse a specific formatted file in unix. For example : File pattern is : Job name.......................................... \\\\Jobs\Amey ABC PQRS ABCD XYZ Job name.......................................... WEQ RED AAA Desired Result: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat data with a shell script

Can anyone help me with a shell script that can do the following: I have a data in fasta format (first line is the header, followed by a sequence of characters). >ALLLY GGCCCCTCGAGCCTCGAACCGGAACCTCCAAATCCGAGACGCTCTGCTTATGAGGACCTC GAAATATGCCGGCCAGTGAAAAAATCTTGTGGCTTTGAGGGCTTTTGGTTGGCCAGGGGC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cleansing data

I have a file with 27 fields seperated by pipe. I have a field 17 that is defined as numeric and the data coming in might contain character and other miscellaneous data like (@,!,~,#,%,^,&,*,(,)). I have to make sure that the column strictly contains numeric data and if it contains any of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data Importing using shell script

Hi All, I have a .csv file pipe delimter.., I am using excel data import option for importing the data from a pipe delimter file to xls...I want to make this happen using shell script. Please let me know how can I do this using shell script. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert column data to row data using shell script

Hi, I want to convert a 3-column data to 3-row data using shell script. Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sktkpl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to clean data

Hi, Appreciated if anyone can throw some hint I have a file format like this: old(1): PRCNCP 1 old(2): PRSKU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to correct the data

Hi, I have below data in my flat file.I would like to remove the quotes and comma necessary from the data.Below is the details I would like to have in my output. Could anybody help me providing the Unix shell script for this. Input : ABC,ABC,10/15/2012,"47,936,164.567 ","1,036,997.453... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)