Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add string to parentheses
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Add string to parentheses Post 302970460 by steve120 on Wednesday 6th of April 2016 06:31:40 PM
Old 04-06-2016
Add string to parentheses

Suppose I have this code :

Code:
int main () {   int i = NULL;  /* incorrect */   return 0; }

and I want to put the word
Quote:
void
between the two parentheses
like this :

Code:
int main (void) {   int i = NULL;  /* incorrect */   return 0; }

which command is used to do it in Linux ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parentheses in perl find/replace

I'm trying to use the following command to do a batch find and replace in all commonly named files through a file hierarchy find . -name 'file' |xargs perl -pi -e 's/find/replace/g' which works fine except for a substitution involving parenthesis. As a specific example I'm trying to sub... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in parentheses

Hi I would like to replace a comma in parentheses to a semicolon for example. Other commas outside () stay unchanged. How can I do this? aaaa,bbb,ccc,ddd(eee,fff,ggg),hhh,iii to aaaa,bbb,ccc,ddd(eee;fff;ggg),hhh,iii Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

brackets vs parentheses - single and double

hi, unix gurus. i am wondering if someone can give me a clear explanation of the differneces between parentheses and brackets, both single and double. i have heard that double parentheses (( are used for numerical expressions and that single brackets [ are used for strings. but i see... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex help - matching parentheses

Let's say I'm trying to match potentially multiple sets of parentheses. Is there a way in a regular expression to force a match of closing parentheses specifically in the number of the opening parentheses? For example, if the string is "((foo bar))", I want to be able to say "match any number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvp
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert Parentheses to each line in a file

Hi I have a file with numbers like this : 123 456 6798 9073233 12 8644 Now, I need to insert parentheses to each and every line like below : (123) (456) (6798) (9073233) (12) (8644) can anyone tell me a solution? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharsan23
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace all occurrences of strings with parentheses

Hi, I tried to adapt bartus's solution to my problem, without success. I want to replace all the occurences of this: with: , where something can contain an arbitrary number of balanced parens and brakets. Any ideas ? Best, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ff1969ff1969
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rules with using double parentheses in Bash

Hi.could you explain me what are the rules when we are using double parentesis in if statement,if I put ,the code is working ,with (( is not #!/bin/bash if (($# > 0)) then if ((! -d "$1")) then echo "Directory $1 not found" fi else echo Problem fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When does an if statement need parentheses

I was looking at a script in my little book on bash and saw that one of the if statements had parentheses instead of brackets for the condition. I've been trying to find in my book where it talks about parentheses (because the examples on the if statement in an earlier chapter doesn't seem to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting data within parentheses

This is my input file: a|b|c(ef)|g|h(km)|p My output file should look like: a|b|ef|g|km|p That is, pipe is the delimiter. The data within pipe must be displayed as it is but if it encounters any data within parentheses, then only the data within parentheses has to be displayed ( the data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksatish89
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] remove first pair of parentheses

How to remove first pair of parentheses and content in them from the beginning of the line? Here's the list: (ok)-test (ok)-test-(ing) (some)-test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Desired result: test test-(ing) test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Here's what I already tried with GNU sed: sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
6 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)