Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Error when compiling using cygwin Post 302970419 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 6th of April 2016 11:41:32 AM
Old 04-06-2016
It is a bogus compiler option. gcc -mno-cygwin will throw an error. Just remove the word from the command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling Error

Hi, I have installed "Freetype2" library in my SuSe Linux 9.3 version system. When Iam compiling a program, I am getting these below errors. Undefined reference to "FT_Init_FreeType" Undefined reference to "FT_Load_Char" Please show me a solution? Thank you. With regards, Chandramouli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandra80
1 Replies

3. Programming

compilation error while using cygwin

Hello, I am trying to compile a C program from Cygwin and it gives ld: not found -user32 error .. I searched for library libuser32.so and was not able locate it.. When i create only object file using gcc -c option it gets created successfully .. When i use gcc -o option , executable is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Cygwin

Hi, I am trying to execute a Shell script file. The file has the following commands. #Return today's log file LOG_DATE=`date +%d_%b_%Y`.log echo $LOG_DATE #Return last modified date of the Log File FILE_MOD_DATE=`date -r $LOG_DATE` echo $FILE_MOD_DATE If I execute the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnneAnne
6 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problem compiling C++ Code in Cygwin

Hello everyone. I just recently installed Cygwin and I am running it under Windows 7. My problem is that I cannot seem to compile any C++ code with g++. I've tried to compile C Code using gcc and that works just fine. But Whenever I try to compile some C++ code, g++ throws a whole bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anlex
6 Replies

6. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies

7. Programming

Error with compiling

Hi guys. I have a header file: unp.h like this: #ifndef _UNP_H_ #define _UNP_H_ extern ssize_t readn(int filedes, void *buff, size_t nbytes); extern ssize_t writen(int filedes, const void *buff, size_t nbytes); extern void err_quit(const char *msg); #define TRUE 1 #define FALSE 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

9. Solaris

ERROR while compiling

Hi guys i came across an error while compiling a c file in solaris using gcc. the error is, Undefined first referenced symbol in file bind /var/tmp//ccAr8qAh.o accept ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error while compiling

Hi I am trying to compile a binary file (CASPER: Context-Aware Scheme for Paired-End Read) but I am getting the following error: user@user-OptiPlex-780 make g++ -O2 -Wall -fopenmp -c -o merge.o merge.c merge.c:8:35: fatal error: boost/unordered_map.hpp: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies
PCAP_OPEN_DEAD(3PCAP)													     PCAP_OPEN_DEAD(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_open_dead, pcap_open_dead_with_tstamp_precision - open a fake pcap_t for compiling filters or opening a capture for output SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> pcap_t *pcap_open_dead(int linktype, int snaplen); pcap_t *pcap_open_dead_with_tstamp_precision(int linktype, int snaplen, u_int precision); DESCRIPTION
pcap_open_dead() and pcap_open_dead_with_tstamp_precision() are used for creating a pcap_t structure to use when calling the other func- tions in libpcap. It is typically used when just using libpcap for compiling BPF code; it can also be used if using pcap_dump_open(), pcap_dump(), and pcap_dump_close() to write a savefile if there is no pcap_t that supplies the packets to be written. linktype specifies the link-layer type for the pcap_t. snaplen specifies the snapshot length for the pcap_t. When pcap_open_dead_with_tstamp_precision(), is used to create a pcap_t for use with pcap_dump_open(), precision specifies the time stamp precision for packets; PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECISION_MICRO should be specified if the packets to be written have time stamps in seconds and microseconds, and PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECISION_NANO should be specified if the packets to be written have time stamps in seconds and nanoseconds. Its value does not affect pcap_compile(). SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_compile(3PCAP), pcap_dump_open(3PCAP), pcap-linktype(7) 3 January 2014 PCAP_OPEN_DEAD(3PCAP)