Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Post 302970375 by manas_1988 on Wednesday 6th of April 2016 05:11:37 AM
Old 04-06-2016
Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all,

As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Thank's in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

to find current running process

Hi All, The scenario is like this: There is a process say "A" which create a child process say "B" if some condition is true and process "A" terminates. "B" invokes some C program say "C" using 'execl' function. The job of program "C" is to keep polling the server until the server will be up.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjkuma692
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check if a process is running in a server from shell script.

I want to write a unix shell script that will check if a process (say debu) is running in the server or not. If no , then send a mail to the corresponding person to start the process??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script, Copy process using find.

Ok, so here is what I am looking for.. Shell script that uses find to look for one days worth of data using the modified date and then copies only those files to a specified directory. I figured I could use grep and the find command to do this. It seems to work just fine from what I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: techjunky
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out list of all proccess which are running on unix servers from last two days.

Hi All, I have a requirment, i need to get the list of all the process which are running from last two days on my unix server and also to put this list into an another file. i am giving you a sample example : $ ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script in the cron, background process

Hi, i was looking for an answer for some trouble im having runing a script in the cron, thing is, that when i run it manually it works just fine. But when cron runs it, it just doenst work. I saw a reply on a similar subject, suggesting that the . .profile worked for you, but im kind of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find a process by name and kill it

hi, Am a newbie to unix and wasnt able to write script to my requirement. I need a shell script, which should find a process by name and kill it. For eg: let the process name be "abc". I have different processes running by this name(abc), so should kill them all. Condition would be: if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find out if a process is running on any all machines

Hi All, I have been a guest visitor from a long time and this forum is wonderful. I finally am a member of this forum too, so i am here stuck with a shell script that i was trying to write My requirement is that i should be able to create a shell script which will check if a process is running on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rex0226
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel process running for more than 5 days

Hello Group, We want to create a script in order to filter process in the system with more than five days (STIME) and then kill them under Solaris 10. How can we filter these kind of process ? ps -efa Thanks in advance for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
4 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)