Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Installing winpcap and configure it with cygwin Post 302970291 by wisecracker on Tuesday 5th of April 2016 03:24:49 AM
Old 04-05-2016
Hi steve120...

Right so the directory/folder/drawer exists.
From the fact the you have already tried './basic_dump' then it probably is not there; however, assuming you are using CygWin......

Have you listed the directory to see if the executable exists?
(Note - IF it exists, assuming it is NOT a batch file, it WILL have the extension <file>.exe .)

cd /cygdrive/c/WpdPack/Examples-pcap/basic_dump

ls -l basic_dump.*

If it does show up then check 'rwx' access rights.
(Also check directory, (per level), access rights too.)

If it doesn't then use 'find' to search for it.

cd /cygdrive/c/WpdPack/

find . -name "basic_dump.*"

Hope this helps...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

2. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing wfdb Java wrap for Cygwin

Basically, when I try swig and wrap into java, then it have something wrong with libtool? (in my attached picture) http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs510.snc3/26778_383195659802_506009802_3679547_3446065_n.jpg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiller
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gcc g++ on cygwin - configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is req

Hi, Apologies if I posted it in a wrong section as it is related to gcc on cygwin. Please move it to appropriate section. I'm trying to compile and build libsigc++-2.10.2 on cygwin with gcc 8.3.0. when I run ./configure, I get this: I couldn't fully understand what does... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
13 Replies
configbody(n)							    [incr Tcl]							     configbody(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
configbody - change the "config" code for a public variable SYNOPSIS
itcl::configbody className::varName body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The configbody command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define or redefine the configuration code associated with a public variable. Public variables act like configuration options for an object. They can be modified outside the class scope using the built-in configure method. Each variable can have a bit of "config" code associate with it that is automatically executed when the vari- able is configured. The configbody command can be used to define or redefine this body of code. Like the body command, this facility allows a class definition to have separate "interface" and "implementation" parts. The "interface" part is a class command with declarations for methods, procs, instance variables and common variables. The "implementation" part is a series of body and configbody commands. If the "implementation" part is kept in a separate file, it can be sourced again and again as bugs are fixed, to support interactive development. When using the "tcl" mode in the emacs editor, the "interface" and "implementation" parts can be kept in the same file; as bugs are fixed, individual bodies can be highlighted and sent to the test application. The name "className::varName" identifies the public variable being updated. If the body string starts with "@", it is treated as the sym- bolic name for a C procedure. Otherwise, it is treated as a Tcl command script. Symbolic names for C procedures are established by registering procedures via Itcl_RegisterC(). This is usually done in the Tcl_AppInit() procedure, which is automatically called when the interpreter starts up. In the following example, the procedure My_FooCmd() is registered with the symbolic name "foo". This procedure can be referenced in the configbody command as "@foo". int Tcl_AppInit(interp) Tcl_Interp *interp; /* Interpreter for application. */ { if (Itcl_Init(interp) == TCL_ERROR) { return TCL_ERROR; } if (Itcl_RegisterC(interp, "foo", My_FooCmd) != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } } EXAMPLE
In the following example, a "File" class is defined to represent open files. Whenever the "-name" option is configured, the existing file is closed, and a new file is opened. Note that the "config" code for a public variable is optional. The "-access" option, for example, does not have it. itcl::class File { private variable fid "" public variable name "" public variable access "r" constructor {args} { eval configure $args } destructor { if {$fid != ""} { close $fid } } method get {} method put {line} method eof {} } itcl::body File::get {} { return [gets $fid] } itcl::body File::put {line} { puts $fid $line } itcl::body File::eof {} { return [::eof $fid] } itcl::configbody File::name { if {$fid != ""} { close $fid } set fid [open $name $access] } # # See the File class in action: # File x x configure -name /etc/passwd while {![x eof]} { puts "=> [x get]" } itcl::delete object x KEYWORDS
class, object, variable, configure itcl 3.0 configbody(n)