Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Adblocking shuts down browsers by default? Post 302970253 by cjcox on Monday 4th of April 2016 11:06:59 AM
Old 04-04-2016
I use some of things you mention, however, not for breaking the law or trying to rip people off.

I use them for security reasons.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

browsers

hello all, to see what browsers exist on solaris server what is the path and then how can i acces the internet? i appreciate your help. thanks, grep (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep
4 Replies

2. BSD

error message in all browsers...

yes, i receive the same error message in all the browsers, the error message is: error host not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nobody
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash/Shockwave Plugin Seems to Crash Browsers!

I have a problem, that's of course why I'm here. I just today installed, Vector Linux on a PII 233mhz with 160mb ram. The OS is stable, runs well, and is speedy for this older computer while running some GUI version. I can't recall which one. I can find out but it the browsers crash in all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Compatibility with different browsers for frames

Hi, I am writing a web application using Perl CGI. And I have defined an frame within like this "<iframe id=\"iframe01\" name=\"iframe01\" height=480 width=800 frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>" My problem is that this iframe appears differently on different browsers - IE6, IE7, Mozilla... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Long running shell scripts shuts donw the machine!

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting. I have a script called "RunDMol3.sh" which takes a directory name as input parameter, process somthing using files in the folder and writes output files in the same folder. This is a very heavy job and takes about 1.5 hrs. When I run in manually the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh.jitkar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget returns different data from web browsers

I am facing a strange issue with wget. I am not able to get the same data that I can get from my firefox web browser. I tried setting the user agent to firefox but i am still not able to get the same data.. Hope anyone can help point me to the correct direction. This is the command i used :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Surfing the Internet problems with multiple browsers

Could anyone explain why I am having trouble surfing the internet with both firefox and konqueror? Chromium seems to be the only browser that will work. I tried to create a new profile with firefox and that didn't work either. I can ping things just fine, I can download stuff with wget, I can ssh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Web Browsers

How and what other web browsers can I install for Solaris 11 86_64? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to close the Web browsers in Shell Script?

Hi, Is there anyway to close all the Open tabs in Web Browser via Shell Script. Like browser.close( ) or something like that. Pls do help me soon, Thanks in Advance :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Megala
1 Replies
ISDNTEL(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ISDNTEL(4)

NAME
isdntel -- ISDN B-channel telephony interface driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device isdntel count DESCRIPTION
The isdntel driver provides an interface to the B-channel for telephony applications and is currently used by the isdnd(8) for answering machine support. The driver is part of the isdn4bsd package. The lower six bits of the driver's minor number are used to specify a unit number, whereas the upper two bits specify a functionality. Functionality zero is the usual telephony data stream i/o driver. Functionality one is used to enable commands to dial out and hang up and receive responses about the state of the dial out progress and sta- tus. This commands may change in the future, for details see the file /usr/include/netisdn/i4b_tel_ioctl.h and the isdntel(8) utility. The telephony data stream comes out of the line in a bit-reversed format, so the isdntel driver does the bit-reversion process in any case. Additionally, the user can specify to do A-law to mu-law, mu-law to A-law or no conversion at all in the isdntel driver by using the isdntelctl(8) utility. The driver is able to process several ioctl's: I4B_TEL_GETAUDIOFMT get currently used audio format conversion. I4B_TEL_SETAUDIOFMT set currently used audio format conversion. I4B_TEL_EMPTYINPUTQUEUE clear the input queue. For the I4B_TEL_GETAUDIOFMT and I4B_TEL_SETAUDIOFMT, the following parameters are available: CVT_NONE do no A-law/mu-law audio format conversion. The conversion path looks like this: USER <--> bitreversing <--> ISDN-line CVT_ALAW2ULAW set audio format conversion to do an audio conversion from A-law (on the ISDN line) to mu-law (in the userland). The read(2) conversion path looks like this: USER <-- mu-law/A-law <-- bitreversing <-- ISDN-line and the write(2) conversion path looks like this: USER --> mu-law/A-law --> bitreversing --> ISDN-line CVT_ULAW2ALAW set audio format conversion to do an audio conversion from mu-law (on the ISDN line) to A-law (in the userland). The read(2) conversion path looks like this: USER <-- A-law/mu-law <-- bitreversing <-- ISDN-line and the write(2) conversion path looks like this: USER --> A-law/mu-law --> bitreversing --> ISDN-line SEE ALSO
isdnd.rc(5), isdnd(8), isdntel(8), isdntelctl(8) STANDARDS
A-law and mu-law are specified in ITU Recommendation G.711. AUTHORS
The isdntel device driver and this man page were written by Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@kts.org>. BSD
April 21, 1999 BSD