Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Script for pinging continuously Post 302970252 by ggayathri on Monday 4th of April 2016 10:59:19 AM
Old 04-04-2016
Script for pinging continuously

Hi,

I need to set up a script that would write the results of the ping command from one AIX server to another file may be every minute. Like this I need to gather the data for a period of 24 hours.
Can someone please help me with this?

G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pinging IP's in a file

Hey all. I have a long list of IP addresses I want to ping. The IP's are located in a flat file "ping_info.dat". I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be. Can someone help me out? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalge2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pinging an ip

Hi, How to ping an ip from an unix machine. Can you please let me know the exact command. I used and i got the below error ping 171.18.17.2 bash: ping: command not found Thanks n regards Ammu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to continuously scan a log file

Hello members, I have some doubts on how to write a script that can reports success / failure of a batch job ? 1. Run a batch job: 2. Wait and search for a particular string in the Log file: tail -f log01*.txt | egrep -v "^SUCCESSFUL" echo "continue with the other tasks" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forking and Pinging

Keep in mind that I haven't done Perl scripting for a LONG time, so I'm quite rusty. This is what I would like to do: - using fork, create 3 or 4 processes to read 3 or 4 different text documents containing server names or IP addresses - in each of those processes, Perl will ping each of those... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pinging a domain

how can you ping a domain and store the ip? like given a url in a variable $url how can i ping it? also how can i find the local server's ip address on a cpanel server? (i have multiple servers and didnt want to hard code it in) (basically i want to check the domain accounts on the server,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script continuously for 10 minutes

Hi all!! Im using ksh and my OS is Linux. I want to run a script for ten minutes, starting from my current system time. How to acheive this? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in running a script continuously non stop

Hi, I am running a schedular script which will check for a specific time and do the job. I wanted to run this continuously. Meaning even after the if condition is true and it executes the job, it should start running again non stop. I am using below script #!/bin/sh start: while true do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Pinging Host

I need to ping websites and I need to see which one has the highest delay. My problem is I need to extract the name Facebook and the time=74.0 ms using awk. I need help doing this please... PING facebook.com (173.252.90.36) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5sku5
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script for continuously monitoring log file

Hi I have written below log monitoring script to egrep multiple words and redirect the output to a text file and its working fine but I want to add some more below given functionality to it, which is very advance and im not very good in it, so please help if you can :) I am egrepping all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scazed
1 Replies
cmscancl(1m)															      cmscancl(1m)

NAME
cmscancl - gather system configuration information from nodes with Serviceguard installed. SYNOPSIS
cmscancl [-n node_name]... [-s|-o output_file] DESCRIPTION
cmscancl is a configuration report and diagnostic tool intended only for use by HP Support Personnel. It gathers system software and hard- ware configuration information from a list of nodes, or from all the nodes in a cluster. The information that this command displays includes LAN device configuration, network status and interfaces, file systems, LVM configuration, link-level connectivity (HPUX only), IPv4/IPv6 connectivity, and the data from the binary cluster configuration file. This command can be used as a troubleshooting tool or as a data collection tool. This command is a Perl script which gathers system configuration information by executing various OS commands or tools. It uses the cmexec command to gather information from remote nodes. The -n option can be used to specify a list of nodes to be scanned, the nodes to be scanned do not need to be a member of a cluster. If the -n option is not specified, it will scan all the nodes in the local cluster. By default, the output of this command will go to the file /tmp/scancl.out. If the file /tmp/scancl.out already exists, the old file will be saved in /tmp/scancl.out.old. The -o option can be used to redirect output to a specified output file. If the -o option is not specified, output will go to the default output file /tmp/scancl.out. The -s option can be used to direct all output to the screen, instead of to an output file. Options cmscancl supports the following options: -n node_name... Specify the node(s) to be scanned. If this option is not specified and there is a cluster configured, all the nodes in the cluster will be scanned. If this option is not specified and there is no cluster configured, only the local node will be scanned. -o output_file Write configuration information to a specified output file. If this option is not specified, the information will be directed to stdout. -s Display the configuration information to the screen only. This option cannot be used in conjunction with the -o option. The output from this command contains the following information: LAN device configuration (On HP-UX, output from lanscan; On Linux, output from ifconfig) network status and interfaces (output from netstat) file systems (output from mount) LVM configuration (contents of /etc/lvmtab file) LVM physical vg information (contents of /etc/lvmpvg file) link-level connectivity (HP-UX only) (output from linkloop) IPv4/IPv6 connectivity (results from ping (and ping6 on Linux)) binary configuration file data (output from cmviewconf) RETURN VALUE
cmscancl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To gather the configuration information from node1 and node2 and to save the output in file /tmp/scancl.log: cmscancl -n node1 -n node2 -o /tmp/myscancl.log To gather the configuration information from all the nodes in the cluster and save the output to the file: /tmp/scancl.log: cmscancl -o /tmp/myscancl.log To gather the configuration information from all the nodes in the cluster and display the output on the screen: cmscancl -s To gather the configuration information from all the nodes in the cluster and save the output to the file /tmp/scancl.out: cmscancl AUTHOR
cmscancl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
Linux: cmviewcl(1), mount(8), netstat(8), ping(8), ping6(8) HP-UX: cmviewcl(1m), lanscan(1m), linkloop(1m), mount(1m), netstat(1), ping(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmscancl(1m)