Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Installing winpcap and configure it with cygwin Post 302970245 by steve120 on Monday 4th of April 2016 09:05:50 AM
Old 04-04-2016
Installing winpcap and configure it with cygwin

When I put the ./configure command in my Cygwin terminal to compile a source code program , I got this error :

ERROR! Libpcap library/headers not found.
TCPDUMP/LIBPCAP public repository is a good place to fetch one
if libpcap library is installed, use the --with-libpcap-* options
to specify pathes to include and library files locations.

So , because I have windows xp as an operating system , I downloaded winpcap from this link :

WinPcap · Developer Resources

I extracted it to Cygwin directory which is C:\cygwin , then followed this link to configure winpcap with cygwin :

help installing libpcap on cygwin - Stack Overflow

In the second link , someone talked about installing some libraries :

"

1. Be sure you have installed Winpcap libraries and that they are in your path by typing:
    which packet.dll which wpcap.dll
because I do not have both dll , I downloaded both of them from this link :

wpcap.dll download missing file - DllDump

then put them in C:\WINDOWS\system32 .Moreover , I did exactly what second link said :

1. Copy libraries like this:
    • WpdPack\Lib\libpacket.a to cygwin\lib\
    • WpdPack\Lib\libwpcap.a to cygwin\lib\
  2. Create a folder cygwin\usr\include\pcap\
  3. Copy all headers from WpdPack\Include to cygwin\usr\include\winpcap\
  4. Be sure you have installed Winpcap libraries and that they are in your path by typing:
    which packet.dll which wpcap.dll
But when I followed the rest which is :

Building example using Cygwin
Open a cygwin prompt to WpdPack\Examples-pcap\basic_dump\ and execute:
basic_dump:

and tried to execute the basic_dump, basic_dump_ex and iflist commands , I got basic_dump : command not found
basic_dump_ex : command not found
iflist : command not found

So I added path C:\cygwin\WpdPack\Examples-pcap\basic_dump in windows environment variable

but to my surprise I still got command not found when I run the command above
What should I do ? or what I am missing ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

2. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing wfdb Java wrap for Cygwin

Basically, when I try swig and wrap into java, then it have something wrong with libtool? (in my attached picture) http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs510.snc3/26778_383195659802_506009802_3679547_3446065_n.jpg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiller
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gcc g++ on cygwin - configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is req

Hi, Apologies if I posted it in a wrong section as it is related to gcc on cygwin. Please move it to appropriate section. I'm trying to compile and build libsigc++-2.10.2 on cygwin with gcc 8.3.0. when I run ./configure, I get this: I couldn't fully understand what does... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
13 Replies