Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script function to use script name for log file output Post 302970188 by SIMMS7400 on Sunday 3rd of April 2016 04:57:51 PM
Old 04-03-2016
Pilnet -

Very much appreciated - thank you very much!

Also, would this version work too? Or am I still missing something?

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#:: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
#:: -- SCRIPT NAME: fdmee_act_load.sh
#:: -- 
#:: -- DESCRIPTION: This script executes the FDMEE runbatch utility
#::                 To copy actuals to target intersections 
#:: -- PARAMETERS:  Call setenv.cmd to get environment variables to determine 
#::                 login info, database, application, etc.
#::  Author:        Chris Takacs (Peloton Group)
#::  Date:            04/02/16
#:: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
source /u01/hyp_app/scripts/setenv.sh

#:: SET FILE NAME

_SCRIPTNAME="fdmee_act_load.sh"
echo "SCRIPT NAME: ${_SCRIPTNAME%.*}"

#:: SET LOG & ERROR FILES

_INTRA_PATH=$_MAIN_DIR/$_LOG_DIR/$_FDMEE_LOG_DIR
_ERROR_INTRA_PATH=$_MAIN_DIR/$_ERROR_DIR/$_FDMEE_ERROR_DIR

_LOGFILE=$_INTRA_PATH/$_DATETIMESTAMP_${_SCRIPTNAME%.*}.log

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please get accustomed to using code tags as required by forum rules which you accepted when you registered!

Last edited by RudiC; 04-04-2016 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: Added code tags (again)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting function headers in a c/c++ file using shell script

Hi, Is there any way to extract function headers from c and c++ files using a shell script? I tried to do it by reading the C/C++ file line by line and if a line matches a particular pattern (pattern of function header) i extracted it otherwise moved to next line. The problem here is, some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshini
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Output of a shell script into a file.

Hi Experts, I have a script called test.sh. I am trying to execute it with sh -x test.sh. Where i can find sequence of steps executed one by one. Now i want to these executions to be captured in a file. i.e sh -x test.sh > output.txt the above one is notworking. can anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting garbage in the output file of shell script

Hi Everyone, The problem is that I am getting messages other than the script in the current log file. Ideally the script should contain only the messages that are redirected to the log file. How to remove these unwanted data from the log file. Please help if you have any idea how to remove the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function in cpp file inside shell script

Hi I need to call a function written in a cpp file with arguments inside the shell script..Can anyone help me how to do this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. Programming

How to redirect the output of a shell script to a file?

hi, i have a html form which call a perl program, this perl program calls a shell script. <html> <head> <title>demo</title> </head> <body> <form name="frm1" action="/cgi-bin/perl_script.pl" method="post"> <input type="text" name="fname"> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the function of the following lines at the top of a shell script file: Directory and Script?

The file starts like this: Directory: <path to the script> Script: <script fife name> #!bin/ksh ##Comments <actual script> What is the use of the first two lines in the script? What if I save the file without them? What will be the effect? They are not comments. Im very new to this,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: remytom
4 Replies

9. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pass the config file lines as variable on the respective called function on a script

I want to make a config file which contain all the paths. i want to read the config file line by line and pass as an argument on my below function. Replace all the path with reading config path line by line and pass in respective functions. how can i achieve that? Kindly guide. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
6 Replies
Shell(3)							  LessTif Manuals							  Shell(3)

NAME
Shell - Shell widget from X Toolkit SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/Shell.h> DESCRIPTION
Shell is a widget which is defined in the X Toolkit. We document its existence here for completeness. Please refer to the X Window System documentation for the real information regarding this widget. X RESOURCES
Name Class Type Default Access -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- XtNx XtCPosition Position NULL CSG XtNy XtCPosition Position NULL CSG XtNdepth XtCDepth Int NULL CSG XtNcolormap XtCColormap Colormap NULL CSG XtNancestorSensitive XtCSensitive Boolean NULL CSG XtNallowShellResize XtCAllowShellResize Boolean NULL CSG XtNgeometry XtCGeometry String (null) CSG XtNcreatePopupChildProc XtCCreatePopupChildProc Function NULL CSG XtNsaveUnder XtCSaveUnder Boolean NULL CSG XtNpopupCallback XtCCallback Callback NULL CSG XtNpopdownCallback XtCCallback Callback NULL CSG XtNoverrideRedirect XtCOverrideRedirect Boolean NULL CSG XtNvisual XtCVisual Visual NULL CSG XtNx XtNy XtNdepth XtNcolormap XtNancestorSensitive XtNallowShellResize XtNgeometry XtNcreatePopupChildProc XtNsaveUnder XtNpopupCallback XtNpopdownCallback XtNoverrideRedirect XtNvisual CLASS HIERARCHY
Object(3) Rect(3) UnNamedObj(3) Core(3) Composite(3) Shell(3) CALLBACKS
CONVENIENCE FUNCTIONS
SEE ALSO
LessTif Project October 1998 Shell(3)