Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with awk - variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with awk - variable Post 302970130 by xcod3r on Saturday 2nd of April 2016 12:27:20 PM
Old 04-02-2016
thanks guys, much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

really stuck- need to get a variable within a variable- AWK

Hi all, I have been struggling with this all day, and it is key to a conversion database I have to write. The data converts the information out of an array using AWK, and basically all I have to do is figure out how to get the value of a variable inside a variable. Right now at its... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: assign variable with -v didn't work in awk filter

I want to filter 2nd column = 2 using awk $ cat t 1 2 2 4 $ VAR=2 #variable worked in print $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR ' { print ID}' 2 2 # but variable didn't work in awk filter $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR '$2~/ID/ { print $0}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help. how to compare a variable with a data array in AWK?

Hi all, i have a data array as follows. array=ertfgj2345 array=456ttygkd . . . array=errdjt3235 so number or elements in the array can varies depending on how big the data input is. now i have a variable, and it is $1 (there are $2, $3 and so on, i am only interested in $1). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk for setting variable but change the output of this variable within awk

Hi all, Hope someone can help me out here. I have this BASH script (see below) My problem lies with the variable path. The output of the command find will give me several fields. The 9th field is the path. I want to captured that and the I want to filter this to a specific level. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable then fields in variable

i have this variable: varT="1--2--3--5" i want to use awk to print field 3 from this variable. i dont want to do the "echo $varT". but here's my awk code: awk -v valA="$varT" "BEGIN {print valA}" this prints the entire line. i feel like i'm so close to getting what i want. i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping for one variable while using awk to parse an associated variable

Im trying to search for a single variable in the first field and from that output use awk to extract out the lines that contain a value less than a value stored in another variable. Both the variables are associated with each other. Any guidance is appreciated. File that contains the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
6 Replies
Bio::Structure::StructureI(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Bio::Structure::StructureI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::StructureI - Abstract Interface for a Structure objects SYNOPSIS
Give standard usage here DESCRIPTION
Describe the interface here FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::StructureI(3pm)