Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script has to run until the status value is updated Post 302970052 by sumanmca2006 on Friday 1st of April 2016 03:11:46 AM
Old 04-01-2016
Shell script has to run until the status value is updated

Hi All,

Need some help like how to exit from the script after updating the column in data base.

Code:
db2 connect to DB
STATUS=$(db2 "SELECT STATUS FROM XYZ )
echo $STATUS

Initially the status value will be '4' or 'NOT YET RUN'.

The Shell script has to run until the status value is updated with '0' in data base

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-01-2016 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking exit status of a shell script

Hi, I have tried with the following code; if ;then echo "Failure." else echo "Success." fi to test the exit status of the test.ksh shell script. But whatever is the exit status of the test.ksh shell script Failure. is always printed. Please help. regards, Dipankar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdipankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trigger a script based on the run status of another scipt

Im a newbee.. I have a script which runs few times daily. I want to write another script which should pick up the latest log generated from the last run of the first job and trigger a thrid script if the first script runs successfuly. Please help... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athena
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return status after run the shell script

Hello, I wanted to delete all files which are placed 14 days back. Here is my below script. My script works very well and it deletes all files 14 days back. I wanted to display message incase if the delete script is not successful. The below script returns always successful. But the directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Job Status for running shell script

Hello, I am running a shell script whose execution often takes several hours to complete. Is there way I can get some kind of status update as the job is running? Something as simple as the start and the current time stamp. Thanks, Gussi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Email Status shell script

I have written a bash script to to sort the data from logs i need some help in printing the outputs , i dont have much ideas in bah scripting. Sample script ----------------------- #!/bin/bash a=`date | cut -d " " -f2,2,3` cat /var/log/maillog |grep "$a" |grep -E -e 'deferred|bounced'... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Exit Status of shell script

I have a script named check which will read the content of a file and check wether those files exist in the current directory. If so it will have the exit status of 0, otherwise it will have 1. check script: #!/bin/bash if ; then #Check there is enough command line parameters. exit 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inner script run and its exit status

Main Script #!/bin/ksh echo "Maimn script" ./clocal/www/web-data/WAS/WebSphere7/scripts/DealerLocator/Scripts/secondscript.ksh echo "$? = status" Sdecond Script #!/bin/ksh echo "In second SCript" exit 1 Output: Maimn script ./testmain.ksh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
ADSL-STATUS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    ADSL-STATUS(8)

NAME
adsl-status - Shell script to report on status of PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
adsl-status [config_file] DESCRIPTION
adsl-status is a shell script which checks the status of the PPPoE link established by the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit config_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. AUTHOR
adsl-status was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-setup(8), adsl-stop(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 16 March 2000 ADSL-STATUS(8)