Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Matching string and assembling Post 302970042 by Xterra on Thursday 31st of March 2016 08:01:47 PM
Old 03-31-2016
exactly what I needed
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

for a certain directory, I want to grep a particular file called ABCD so what I do is ls /my/dir | grep -i "ABCD" | awk '{print $9}' however, there is also this file called ABCDEFG, the above command would reurn both file when I only want ABCD, please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching string

Hello, i have a program where i have to get a character from the user and check it against the word i have and then replace the character in a blank at the same position it is in the word. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help assembling script

I am trying to figure out how to write a bash script to process a file in order to make it more user readable. The file to be processed is quite uniform, every line starts with a 32 bit Unix timestamp in hexadecimal format, then a single tab charcter (0x09) then a string of text. What I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching a string

I have a requirement of shell script where i need to read the File name i.e ls -t | head -1 and Match that Filename with some delimited values which are in a separate File. For Example i am reading the File name i.e (ls -t | head -1) after that i need to read one more sequential file which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string from input to string of file

Hi, i want to know how to compare string of file with input string im trying following code: file_no=`paste -s -d "||||\n" a.txt | cut -c 1` #it will return collection number from file echo "enter number" read " curr_no" if ; then echo " current number already present" fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_smith
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding, copying, assembling

Hi everybody, I've been running some analyses, the results of which have been stored in a sequential manner with a directory structure like step0, step1, step2, ... for iterations 0-2, for example. Each iteration contains several nested folders, with three pieces of information I need. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JDenton
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assembling the Pieces of a Regular Expression

Hello all. I'm scripting in ksh and trying to put together a regular expression. I think my logic is sound, but I'm doing the head-against-the-wall routine while trying to put the individual pieces together. Can anybody lend some suggestions to the below problem? I'm taking a date in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael_K
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching string

Hello all, i am trying to match a string and based on that proceed with my script or error out... i have a file called /tmp/sta.log that will be populated by oracle's spooling..it can have a output of either 2 of the below (OPEN or errors/ORACLE not avaiable) $ cat /tmp/sta.log OPEN $ $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
2 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)