Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep some values from XML file Post 302969992 by RudiC on Thursday 31st of March 2016 05:46:47 AM
Old 03-31-2016
Not sure I understand. Looking at your sample, I can't see WHAT should be reported twice. And, is "COSID=" a constant present in all records that can be searched for, or part of the <common> tag?

Please show us your attempts so far.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Extracting Field values for XML file

i have an input file of XML type with data like <nx-charging:additional-parameter name="NX_INTERNATIONALIZED_CLID" value="919427960829"/><nx-charging:finalStatus>RESPONSE , Not/Applicable , OK</nx-charging:finalStatus></nx-charging:process> i want to extract data such that i get the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve values from XML file and update them in the same position! PLEASE HELP?

Good Day All Im quiet new to ksh scripting and need a bit of your help. I am attempting to write a script that reads in an XML and extracts certain field values from an XML file. The values are all alphanumeric and consist of two components: e.g "Test 1". I need to to create a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JulioAmerica
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change values in xml file?

I have xml file like below, i want change the values at default-value place of each argument name using shell script. like where argument name= protocol and default-value=tcp, where argument name =port and default-value= 7223, where argument name = username and default-value=test, example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1s2s3s4
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from xml file script

Hi, please help on this. I want extract values of xml file structure and print in determined way. <ProjectName> --> only appears once <StructList> --> is the top node <Struct> node --> could be more than 1 NameID, STX, STY, PRX, PRY --> appears only 1 time within each <Struct> node... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies
XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator(3pm)

NAME
XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator - Iteration Class for XML::LibXML XPath results SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; use XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator; my $doc = XML::LibXML->new->parse_string( $somedata ); my $nodelist = $doc->findnodes( $somexpathquery ); my $iter= XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator->new( $nodelist ); # more control on the flow while ( $iter->nextNode ) { # do something } # operate on the entire tree $iter->iterate( &operate ); DESCRIPTION
XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator is very similar to XML::LibXML::Iterator, but it does not iterate on the tree structure but on a XML::LibXML::NodeList object. Because XML::LibXML::NodeList is basicly an array the functionality of XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator is more restircted to stepwise foreward and backward than XML::LibXML::Iterator is. SEE ALSO
XML::LibXML::NodeList, XML::NodeFilter, XML::LibXML::Iterator AUTHOR
Christian Glahn, <phish@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
(c) 2002-2007, Christian Glahn. All rights reserved. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2007-09-28 XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator(3pm)