Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output result with break line Post 302969985 by RudiC on Thursday 31st of March 2016 04:16:38 AM
Old 03-31-2016
My SQL is seriously archaic, but can't you do ALL of your query within SQL? Like
Code:
select ... where status != "OK";

This would give you the desired result incl. the count of defective tables.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO break a line

hi All, Have a doubt in ksh..Am not familiar with arrays but i have tried out a script.. plzzzzz correct me with the script My i/p File is: (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (Host = 192.168.2.2) (Port = 1525) ) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = TESTDB1) ) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add line break for each line in a file

I cannot seem to get this to work.. I have a file which has about 100 lines, and there is no end of line (line break \n) at the end of each line, and this is causing problem when i paste them into an application. the file looks like this this is a test that is a test balblblablblhblbha... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Line Break?

So I'm in a Unix class and our assignment was to go into VI and write a script to make this file tree. At the end of it, I'd like it to echo "This is the file tree you've created" then a line break, then . But I'm not sure as to who to do it. Is there a way for when I run it (./filesystem), the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbowers
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break the line to the one above?

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make the below file1 look like file2, can anyone help? Basically I just hit backspace on every line that starts with a number. Thanks! file1: THIS#IS-IT1 4 THIS#IS-IT2 3 THIS#IS-IT3 2 THIS#IS-IT4 1 Result > file2: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break output file into three files

Help! :) I am getting an output file that looks similar to below. EMAIL_ADDR ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- user@gmail.com DATABASENAME ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- db1 db2 db3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line break in sqlplus output through ksh script

Hi, I am new to shell script programming. I have written a ksh script to run the sql File placed in server directory and spool the output in destination directory. Below Command: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s $ora_uid @$sqlfile_loc$testquery.sql > $opfiledirectory It is generating the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit Arora
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::View(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			SQL::Translator::Schema::View(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::View - SQL::Translator view object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema::View; my $view = SQL::Translator::Schema::View->new( name => 'foo', # name, required sql => 'select id, name from foo', # SQL for view fields => 'id, name', # field names in view ); DESCRIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema::View" is the view object. METHODS
new Object constructor. my $view = SQL::Translator::Schema::View->new; fields Gets and set the fields the constraint is on. Accepts a string, list or arrayref; returns an array or array reference. Will unique the field names and keep them in order by the first occurrence of a field name. $view->fields('id'); $view->fields('id', 'name'); $view->fields( 'id, name' ); $view->fields( [ 'id', 'name' ] ); $view->fields( qw[ id name ] ); my @fields = $view->fields; tables Gets and set the tables the SELECT mentions. Accepts a string, list or arrayref; returns an array or array reference. Will unique the table names and keep them in order by the first occurrence of a field name. $view->tables('foo'); $view->tables('foo', 'bar'); $view->tables( 'foo, bar' ); $view->tables( [ 'foo', 'bar' ] ); $view->tables( qw[ foo bar ] ); my @tables = $view->tables; options Gets and sets a list of options on the view. $view->options('ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED'); my @options = $view->options; is_valid Determine whether the view is valid or not. my $ok = $view->is_valid; name Get or set the view's name. my $name = $view->name('foo'); order Get or set the view's order. my $order = $view->order(3); sql Get or set the view's SQL. my $sql = $view->sql('select * from foo'); schema Get or set the view's schema object. $view->schema( $schema ); my $schema = $view->schema; equals Determines if this view is the same as another my $isIdentical = $view1->equals( $view2 ); AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Schema::View(3pm)