Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output result with break line Post 302969977 by Abu Rayane on Wednesday 30th of March 2016 10:58:49 PM
Old 03-30-2016
Output result with break line

Hello,

I am coding a script to check mysql databases using bash script, I would like to check if the status of a table is not 'OK', will return the table name and do some more actions:

check.log

HTML Code:
table1                 OK 
table2                 Some error here 
table3                 OK 
table4                 OK 
table5                 Another error 
table6                 OK 
table7                 Broken 
table8                 A very long error which take a 2 lines of multiple errors
check.sh

Code:
# check and repair tables mysqlcheck -u $hostUser -p$hostPasswd --all-databases --check --auto-repair >> check.log

nCheck=$(awk '$2 != "OK" {print $1}' repairDBsF.log)
echo 'c '$nCheck
// this will return a result in one like:

// table2 table5 table7 table8

Is there anyway to have a result like:

HTML Code:
Number of damaged tables are 4

table2 (Some error here) 
table5 (Another error) 
table7 (Broken) 
table8 (A very long error which take a 2 lines of multiple errors)
The result should be line by line

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO break a line

hi All, Have a doubt in ksh..Am not familiar with arrays but i have tried out a script.. plzzzzz correct me with the script My i/p File is: (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (Host = 192.168.2.2) (Port = 1525) ) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = TESTDB1) ) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add line break for each line in a file

I cannot seem to get this to work.. I have a file which has about 100 lines, and there is no end of line (line break \n) at the end of each line, and this is causing problem when i paste them into an application. the file looks like this this is a test that is a test balblblablblhblbha... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Line Break?

So I'm in a Unix class and our assignment was to go into VI and write a script to make this file tree. At the end of it, I'd like it to echo "This is the file tree you've created" then a line break, then . But I'm not sure as to who to do it. Is there a way for when I run it (./filesystem), the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbowers
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break the line to the one above?

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make the below file1 look like file2, can anyone help? Basically I just hit backspace on every line that starts with a number. Thanks! file1: THIS#IS-IT1 4 THIS#IS-IT2 3 THIS#IS-IT3 2 THIS#IS-IT4 1 Result > file2: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break output file into three files

Help! :) I am getting an output file that looks similar to below. EMAIL_ADDR ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- user@gmail.com DATABASENAME ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- db1 db2 db3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line break in sqlplus output through ksh script

Hi, I am new to shell script programming. I have written a ksh script to run the sql File placed in server directory and spool the output in destination directory. Below Command: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s $ora_uid @$sqlfile_loc$testquery.sql > $opfiledirectory It is generating the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit Arora
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
jfs_fsck(8)						  JFS utility - file system check					       jfs_fsck(8)

NAME
jfs_fsck - initiate replay of the JFS transaction log, and check and repair a JFS formatted device SYNOPSIS
jfs_fsck [ -afnpvV ] [ -j journal_device ] [ --omit_journal_replay ] [ --replay_journal_only ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_fsck is used to replay the JFS transaction log, check a JFS formatted device for errors, and fix any errors found. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device to be checked (e.g. /dev/hdb1). jfs_fsck must be run as root. WARNING
jfs_fsck should only be used to check an unmounted file system or a file system that is mounted READ ONLY. Using jfs_fsck to check a file system mounted other than READ ONLY could seriously damage the file system! OPTIONS
If no options are selected, the default is -p. -a Autocheck mode - Replay the transaction log. Do not continue fsck processing unless the aggregate state is dirty or the log replay failed. Functionally equivalent to -p. Autocheck mode is typically the default mode used when jfs_fsck is called at boot time. -f Replay the transaction log and force checking even if the file system appears clean. Repair all problems automatically. -j journal_device Specify the journal device. -n Open the file system read only. Do not replay the transaction log. Report errors, but do not repair them. --omit_journal_replay Omit the replay of the transaction log. This option should not be used unless as a last resort (i.e. the log has been severely corrupted and replaying it causes further problems). -p Automatically repair ("preen") the file system. Replay the transaction log. Do not continue fsck processing unless the aggregate state is dirty or the log replay failed. Functionally equivalent to -a. --replay_journal_only Only replay the transaction log. Do not continue with a full file system check if the replay fails or if the file system is still dirty even after a journal replay. In general, this option should only be used for debugging purposes as it could leave the file system in an unmountable state. This option cannot be used with -f, -n, or --omit_journal_replay. -v Verbose messaging - print details and debug statements to stdout. -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Check the 3rd partition on the 2nd hard disk, print extended information to stdout, replay the transaction log, force complete jfs_fsck checking, and give permission to repair all errors: jfs_fsck -v -f /dev/hdb3 Check the 5th partition on the 1st hard disk, and report, but do not repair, any errors: jfs_fsck -n /dev/hda5 EXIT CODE
The exit code returned by jfs_fsck represents one of the following conditions: 0 No errors 1 File system errors corrected and/or transaction log replayed successfully 2 File system errors corrected, system should be rebooted if file system was mounted 4 File system errors left uncorrected 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error 128 Shared library error REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_fsck, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_fsck is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_fsck(8)