Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read multiple text files and copy data to csv Post 302969955 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 30th of March 2016 03:36:36 PM
Old 03-30-2016
You are welcome, yes you could do that, for what purpose?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the data from multiple files and sum the value

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to read multiple files using Shell Script in Korn Shell. each file will have the 3rd line as the amount field, i have to read this amount field and sum it for all the files. any idea on how to achieve this?? (i think i can achieve it using a loop,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple text or csv files column-wise

Hi All I am trying to combine columns from multiple text files into a single file using paste command but the record length being unequal in the different files the data is running over to the closest empty cell on the left. Please see below. What can i do to resolve this ? File 1 File... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky_ibm
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple files, parse data and append to a file

Hi..Can anyone suggest a simple way of achieving this. I have several files which ends with extension .vcf . I will give example with two files In the below files, we are interested in File 1: 38 107 C 3 T 6 C/T 38 241 C 4 T 5 C/T 38 247 T 4 C 5 T/C 38 259 T 3 C 6 T/C... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from specific rows and columns from multiple csv files

I have a series of csv files in the following format eg file1 Experiment Name,XYZ_07/28/15, Specimen Name,Specimen_001, Tube Name, Control, Record Date,7/28/2015 14:50, $OP,XYZYZ, GUID,abc, Population,#Events,%Parent All Events,10500, P1,10071,95.9 Early Apoptosis,1113,11.1 Late... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk GSUB read field values from multiple text files

My program run without error. The problem I am having. The program isn't outputting field values with the column headers to file.txt. Each of the column headers in file.txt has no data. MEMSIZE SECOND SASFoundation Filename The output results in file.txt should show: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy data at specified location from multiple files

Hello everyone, Im super new to coding but increasingly in need of it at work. Im have task stacked because of this problems, that I cannot figure out how to solve looking on the internet after trying many many things that looked similar to me. I have multiple data files of the form (see below).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xfiles_fan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generate files and use csv data to replace multiple variables in a template

I have a source csv file consists of first field as variable name, and the rest are site-specific information (converted from excel file, where site -specific values in columns). I am trying to create a file for every site using a template and replace the multiple variables with values from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies
obd2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2csv(1)

NAME
obd2csv - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files SYNOPSIS
obd2csv [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .csv file -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -s|--start <time> Only dump rows more recent than this -e|--end <time> Only dump rows older than this -z|--gzip gzip compress output using zlib [if available] -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2kml(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2csv(1)